Ultra 1000 frame size / taller riders

RobD

I'm strongly considering ordering an Ultra 1000 during this pre-sale. My question is regarding fit with taller riders. I know it's only offered in one frame size. Can any taller riders provide some feedback on fit, or what you needed to do to get it to fit for you? I'm 6-02, with a 35" inseam, and 35" sleeve length in dress shirts.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered. I looked, but couldn't find anything.

mbouck

I'm a bit shorter than you by a couple of inches and have the same bike. The fit should be fine for you as long as you set your saddle height accordingly. I'm also running 29 x 3 wheels so that adds to the frame height a bit.

Feliz

I'm 6'2", 200 pounds, 34" inseem and it fits me. Great bike! Oh, I also have the 3" tires.....good choice.

RobD

Thanks for the replies.
Yeah, I was looking at the 29x3 option as well. I see that when ordering, you can add an extra set of 29 inch wheel. I have an email in to Biktrix checking if I can just order it with the 29's instead of the 26x4's.

RobD

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the feedback.
I'm finalizing my order. Looks like the 29x3's won't be available for a while. I may have to try the 27.5x3's instead. Bummer. I was hoping for the slight extra height of the 29's.

mbouck

I'm a bit shorter than you by a couple of inches and have the same bike. The fit should be fine for you as long as you set your saddle height accordingly. I'm also running 29 x 3 wheels so that adds to the height a bit.
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the feedback.
I'm finalizing my order. Looks like the 29x3's won't be available for a while. I may have to try the 27.5x3's instead. Bummer. I was hoping for the slight extra height of the 29's.
You can get your own wheelset from another vendor/shop as long as the hub spacing is the same. I can recommend Lace Mine 29.