Upgrading brakes on a 1000W hub motor bike

Hey!

I´m finally upgrading to hydraulic breaks. I´ve been searching around and i´m considering the shimano M315 mostly because of their low cost.

The set comes with 160 and 180mm rotors:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHIMANO-M3...hash=item2cd5290054:m:mkCT8DI4DU54UJT0WK1Hs2g

I worry that the rear caliper wont fit due to the size of the 1000W hub motor. Don´t know if placing the 180mm in the rear might do the trick or not. So I really needed some advice about this particular model.

Thank you.

JRA

It is unclear if you are replacing cable activated disc brakes or rim brakes? If the bike already has disc brakes there is a good chance you could do with either size. Traditionally a larger rotor is placed on the front fork though than the rear but no reason they both can't be the same size.

It is unclear if you are replacing cable activated disc brakes or rim brakes? If the bike already has disc brakes there is a good chance you could do with either size. Traditionally a larger rotor is placed on the front fork though than the rear but no reason they both can't be the same size.
Hi, I´m replacing the mechanical breaks and rotors.
I read around that not all calipers fit with a hub motor so I wanned to make sure before buying. Some have to install a bigger rotor or they manage to file the edge off the caliper.