Waterproofing electrical components

Handlebars

I took it apart to the same degree as the video shows and the screen is stuck down pretty hard, so I gave up on that and I'm going to Silicone it all around including the front and that's it. The connectors are a bit hard to separate but got that done, now to silicone. Also the ACF50 released a small flood of particles and oxides from the chain - which I had already cleaned and cleaned with paper towels for a long time.

antboy

I took it apart to the same degree as the video shows and the screen is stuck down pretty hard, so I gave up on that and I'm going to Silicone it all around including the front and that's it. The connectors are a bit hard to separate but got that done, now to silicone. Also the ACF50 released a small flood of particles and oxides from the chain - which I had already cleaned and cleaned with paper towels for a long time.
Did you finish the task? I finally got my ACF-50, but the weather's too nice to dive into maintenance.

I'll save that for a weeknight.

Handlebars

Yep, got the waterproofing all done except for inside the battery/controller box.
One thing to note is that the silicone takes a long time to cure and I put it on a bit heavy. A couple of days later I can still smear it. However, the couplings are pretty much not in the way so it's not a bother. I sealed them each where they pull apart and at both ends and everywhere wires go, for example into the headlight. I just sealed up everything possible. I hesistated to open up the battery box the other day, but actually I think ACF50 will help the battery by reducing corrosion so I'm going to do that job when I get a minute.

Handlebars

I’m a bit of a fan boy when it comes to ACF50. If it can protect avionics in a harsh environment, it’ll serve me well on eBike builds. Every connection on a dozen or more builds was treated and all connections have been virtually moisture free.

black RTV, worked into every seam is incredibly effective. Especially into the rubber grommet where the wiring exits the motor. I stopped using gaskets and use liquid gasket instead of paper gaskets. Just be judicious on the volume used.
Thomas, check out what Scotty says about RTV. I hope that the ACF50 applied first, wins the contest!
I already have liquid tape, it may be a better recommendation.