Waterproofing electrical components

I took it apart to the same degree as the video shows and the screen is stuck down pretty hard, so I gave up on that and I'm going to Silicone it all around including the front and that's it. The connectors are a bit hard to separate but got that done, now to silicone. Also the ACF50 released a small flood of particles and oxides from the chain - which I had already cleaned and cleaned with paper towels for a long time.

antboy

I took it apart to the same degree as the video shows and the screen is stuck down pretty hard, so I gave up on that and I'm going to Silicone it all around including the front and that's it. The connectors are a bit hard to separate but got that done, now to silicone. Also the ACF50 released a small flood of particles and oxides from the chain - which I had already cleaned and cleaned with paper towels for a long time.
Did you finish the task? I finally got my ACF-50, but the weather's too nice to dive into maintenance.

I'll save that for a weeknight.

Yep, got the waterproofing all done except for inside the battery/controller box.
One thing to note is that the silicone takes a long time to cure and I put it on a bit heavy. A couple of days later I can still smear it. However, the couplings are pretty much not in the way so it's not a bother. I sealed them each where they pull apart and at both ends and everywhere wires go, for example into the headlight. I just sealed up everything possible. I hesistated to open up the battery box the other day, but actually I think ACF50 will help the battery by reducing corrosion so I'm going to do that job when I get a minute.