Watt Wagons Ultimate Commuter Pro

Johnny

I snuck away from the grandchildren long enough to head out on the Watt Wagon to a nearby lake. If was the fastest, funniest, least amount of energy and most smiles per mile bike ride I've ever had. I'm not anal about my mileage but compared to any of my other bikes this has to be the most green bike I own, I just go by battery used on the same trips I do on a regular basis. It's also the quietest and best handling bike I own by a large margin. I'll post a real review when I have rime.
That is one sweet looking ride. (I see that you have corrected the saddle tilt :) )

Please don't forget to give us your detailed review when you have the time.

Ride safe and enjoy

Feliz

Just wondering if anyone following this thread has their Watt Wagons yet or at least is using a Seca 1800 light? Is there a trick to turning it on, is my light defective, or am I overlooking something simple? I've checked the wiring and it seems okay, in fact the little green button on top of the light flashes so it must be getting power and the rear light is working. I turn the light on using the display which turns on the rear light but nothing happens up front. Thanks for any insight.

pushkar

Just wondering if anyone following this thread has their Watt Wagons yet or at least is using a Seca 1800 light? Is there a trick to turning it on, is my light defective, or am I overlooking something simple? I've checked the wiring and it seems okay, in fact the little green button on top of the light flashes so it must be getting power and the rear light is working. I turn the light on using the display which turns on the rear light but nothing happens up front. Thanks for any insight.
Hey Feliz

The front light is wired directly into the battery using a Grin step-down converter. I wanted to build something like a DRL - (daytime running light) - in cars.
The light should turn on if your battery is on. I believe the grin stepdown converter may need to be re-set (just short the output terminals) if the light is not coming on. I can call you if we need to troubleshoot.

Feliz

Hey Feliz

The front light is wired directly into the battery using a Grin step-down converter. I wanted to build something like a DRL - (daytime running light) - in cars.
The light should turn on if your battery is on. I believe the grin stepdown converter may need to be re-set (just short the output terminals) if the light is not coming on. I can call you if we need to troubleshoot.
I'll try that Pushkar assuming I can get at the output terminals. The rear light is working though.

Feliz

WOW, that's quite a light! I don't know what I did but we fixed it. I found the Grin box and was moving the output wires when the light came on, must be a bad connection although I couldn't get it to go off again. Thanks for your help.

RobD

Pushkar,

First, I would like to both congratulate and thank you for putting together what appears to be amazing bike! When I came across this thread, it really caught my interest. I've been searching for a mid-drive bike with decent power, quality build and higher end, but practical components. Your choice of the components are right there with what I was looking for. Plus a couple that I hadn't even thought of, but really like!
I'm about ready to order, but have a couple questions. Apologies if they've been answered elsewhere. I've read everything I could find, but couldn't find an answer.

#1- I see that the rims are "tubeless ready". What about the Schwalbe SuperMoto X tires? I checked the Schwalbe website but didn't see them listed as either "tubeless ready", or "tubeless E-Z". I would really like to run tubeless. Certainly not a deal killer if I have to order up some different tires.

#2- Is there an option on your website to specify the specific weight range for the Kinekt seat post when ordering? I know it's offered in four sizes/weight ranges, but didn't see the option during checkout.

#3- Is there an option to order a second battery?

Thanks in advance for your assistance, and keep up the great work!

Rob

Ravi Kempaiah

Pushkar,

First, I would like to both congratulate and thank you for putting together what appears to be amazing bike! When I came across this thread, it really caught my interest. I've been searching for a mid-drive bike with decent power, quality build and higher end, but practical components. Your choice of the components are right there with what I was looking for. Plus a couple that I hadn't even thought of, but really like!
I'm about ready to order, but have a couple questions. Apologies if they've been answered elsewhere. I've read everything I could find, but couldn't find an answer.

#1- I see that the rims are "tubeless ready". What about the Schwalbe SuperMoto X tires? I checked the Schwalbe website but didn't see them listed as either "tubeless ready", or "tubeless E-Z". I would really like to run tubeless. Certainly not a deal killer if I have to order up some different tires.

#2- Is there an option on your website to specify the specific weight range for the Kinekt seat post when ordering? I know it's offered in four sizes/weight ranges, but didn't see the option during checkout.

Rob
  1. SuperMoto-X are not TLE but it can be made to work if you sand down some of the rubber strands near the sidewall. Schwalbe Almotion is an excellent TLE tire.
  2. YES. Just email him.
  3. YES

pushkar

Pushkar,

Rob
Rob

Thanks for the kind words. As Ravi pointed out, we can definitely do that.

I will DM you to get specifics around the frame size you are interested in.

Slowpoke

Hey bud. Thanks! I'm the owner of the company. I just PMd you. Let's connect if you have time today.
If you ever have the bike at a event,or on display within say 200 miles of SE Michigan please post the event.I would make the drive to come see it.Cliff

opimax

I will be in WI at the Crazy place next week, saw an ad that he is selling these bikes, he has some to test ride while there? My original post here was the battery screamed ebike. But now with the law change maybe not an issue??? hope to try it while there

pushkar

I will be in WI at the Crazy place next week, saw an ad that he is selling these bikes, he has some to test ride while there? My original post here was the battery screamed ebike. But now with the law change maybe not an issue??? hope to try it while there
Yes. Lenny's has a model on the floor.

If any of you guys are close to Boulder CO, you can test ride it at Freedom Folding Bikes.

If there are other areas you are in, one ping me and I'd be happy to connect you with someone local (if available).

ak907

Is it going to be possible to mount a left side towing hook (with something like an extended axle) on the WattWagon for a trailer like a Burley? Or would this have negative effects with the adjustable belt tensioning mount of the rear wheel?

pushkar

Is it going to be possible to mount a left side towing hook (with something like an extended axle) on the WattWagon for a trailer like a Burley? Or would this have negative effects with the adjustable belt tensioning mount of the rear wheel?
Just looked at this quickly - https://www.burley.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/2019-Hitch-Guide-FINAL.pdf

We have a QR for the rohloff.

From the install instructions from burley, you will need to re-tension the belt after you install the hitch adapter.

I don't believe this will adversely affect the adjustable mounts of the rear wheel - just ensure that the adjustable mount is tightened.