What lithium battery is most trustworthy?

Bigfoot

I'm looking for a 36v 13amp hour lithium batter for my Bafang BBS02 bike. The products out there are numerous, and very hard to know which batteries are most cost effective and reliable. Thanks before hand, for your input!!

Ravi Kempaiah

I'm looking for a 36v 13amp hour lithium batter for my Bafang BBS02 bike. The products out there are numerous, and very hard to know which batteries are most cost effective and reliable. Thanks before hand, for your input!!
"The EM3ev 36V Frame Pack Ebike Battery

https://em3ev.com/shop/36v-frame-pack-battery/

We now are fitting the 36V frame battery pack with a Smart BMS. The Smart BMS allows the cell group voltage, temperature and battery capacity percentage to be monitored via an Android app through a Bluetooth connection. The Smart BMS will balance the cells even at a 90% charge."

Trek-BBS02

Unit Power Pack (they have their own online store as well as aliexpress and eBay) seems to be pretty good. Make sure you get a pack which says it has Samsung/LG/Sanyo/etc cells.

I just ordered one and it's coming tomorrow.

Dewey

I’ve had a 13.5ah Luna bottle battery with Panasonic cells on my 36v BBS01 for two years/800 miles and it’s still charging fine, I don’t discharge it fully but after 15 miles there is voltage drop off but still delivers sufficient power in the higher PAS levels.

California ebike has a 15ah 36v Hailong battery with generic cells and a USB port for slightly cheaper.

Last edited:

Thomas Jaszewski

I’m sad to report we’ve given up on UPP batteries. To many BMS failures and dumbing down of quality. Instead of nickel they are using nickel plated steel. A complete disappointment. I’ve come to believe many battery sellers look at today’s profit with little focus on continued sales. Bird in the hand... But that stinks when there is no warranty support. Asking a customer to replace their own BMS. Not unlike what A company beginning in L tries with customers.