2015 iZip Dash E3 non-OEM motor replacement suggestions?

mscir

I just got a 2015 iZip Dash E3, the owner decided to let it go because the 2nd motor he had on it died and he didn't find parts easily. The stock motor is not geared and overheated on a moderate hill he climbed going to work each day, he went through 2 motors in 6 years! And Curry wants $500 for the motor core! Are there aftermarket motors that are better quality than the OEM motors that will fit and hopefully mate with the wiring harness?

Last edited:

mscir

I'd like to thank AHicks for writing about his experience with geared motors for hill climbing, and RunForTheHills for talking about his experience with Grin and their customer service. I emailed them several times and they handled all of my technimcal questions perfectly, I went with their Shengyi DGWX2 (Grin calls this the SX2) geared motor, the CA3 display and Baserunner controller, which monitors the thermal sensor in the motor, and reduces power to the motor when excessive motor temperatures are detected. This will give me good hill climbing ability and help prevent me from cooking the new motor. My bike is built up and I couldn't be happier with the motor or the numerous configurable features of Grin's controller. Grin's customer service is second to none. Thanks again AHicks and RunForTheHills, you guys helped me out a lot and I appreciate it.