2020 Cannondale Synapse NEO 1 vs 2019 Cannondale Synapse NEO difference?

eliot3b4

I'm looking to purchase the 2020 Cannondale Synapse NEO 1 and am wondering what is the difference beware the 2020 model vs the 2019 mode. I note the 2020 is a lot cheaper than the 2019 model, so what has. changed?

Deacon Blues

It looks like Cannondale has discontinued the expensive 2019 Neo 1 and has renamed the (much) cheaper 2019 Neo 2 as the 2020 Neo 1.

It's really too bad that Cannondale didn't include the new 4th generation Bosch motor for 2020. Maybe the new motor will show up in 2021.

eliot3b4

Thanks for the reply. I did contact Cannondale and they did the mumble part of what was different. Did not realize it is the much cheaper Neo 2. However, I think thy are looking at keeping the weight of the bike down, and the price of the bike down, which is why I think they are doing this. The new Bosch motor would have been nice, as that is supposedly a lighter motor. The 600 w battery is slightly heavier than the 500 w but the reduction in the weight of the motor vs the increase weight of the battery would have cancelled each other.

I have ordered the 2020 Cannondale and will provide a full report. I am selling my Trek Super Commuter 7+ as it is too heavy for me to put on a bike rack, Weight of the bike minus the battery is a huge factor for me right now. Love the Trek but hate the bloat.

I am having the bike shop put electronic shifting on my new bike. That should make things lighter and easier. I rode a regular road bike with that and fell in love with the electronic shifting. I'll put the Kiox on the bike also.

I wish the bike manufacturers would allow you to decide what components you wanted on the bike and just build it the way you want.

Deacon Blues

I like this bike, so I'll be looking forward to your review.
Unfortunately, none of the Cannondale dealers near me have any plans on bringing the Neo drop bar model in, which is frustrating. The all say they'll bring one in for me, but I have to buy it first.

It looks like Giant is finally putting in more effort to produce a decent e-road bike (Revolt E Pro and Road E Pro). They're about $1000 cheaper than the Cannondale Neo (where I live), but come with a smaller battery (375W).
I also really like the Specialized Creo, but the prices of the carbon models are too high for me. There is a much cheaper aluminum model coming out sometime in the early new year, though.

I agree about electric shifters. I have Di2 on my Defy Advanced Pro 0 road bike and would hate to have to go back to regular shifters.

eliot3b4

Yes. O had to but my bike first. Should be in around Thanksgiving. I wish the bike makers would provide the bike and lets us decide what we want on it b

eliot3b4

I looked at the Specialized Creo eBike web site. I then compared the bike to the Cannondale. The Creo is being advertised as 28 pounds. According to Cannondale, The Synapse NEO 1, medium size weighs 39 pounds. I do not know if that is with the battery on or off of the bike. But if it with the battery on, and take off 6 pounds for the battery that puts the weight of the bike at 33 pounds.

My issue with the Specialized bike is they are using their own components for the motor and battery. For me, having an established company like Bosch, is important because I know there is a company that is established and will stand behind their products. All I want to do is ride a bike, If it not working for whatever reason, I'll gladly take it to the bike shop and have them fix the issue.