2020 Cannondale Synapse Neo 1First Impression

smorgasbord

The problem is the Synapse has the WTB Byway TCS, 650b x 47mm tire that seems to be glued to the rim.
If you remove all the air from the tube (removing the valve stem is the easy way to do that), then you should be able to squeeze the tire's sidewalls towards each other and wiggle the tire free. Do you know if the tire is mounted tubeless or not?

Deacon Blues

Tom, keep us informed on your progress.

A couple of weeks ago I test rode a Specialized Creo and I'd love to do a comparison test ride on a Synapse Neo 1, but there are very few bike shops that sell Cannondale on Vancouver Island and none plan on bringing any in this year. They will order one for me, but I want to test ride any bike before I buy it.

TomRiddle

If you remove all the air from the tube (removing the valve stem is the easy way to do that), then you should be able to squeeze the tire's sidewalls towards each other and wiggle the tire free. Do you know if the tire is mounted tubeless or not?
I tried that. Someone else said to lay the bike on its side and stand on the tire to force it in. I tried that and no success. I can't tell if it is tubeless or not. The bike shop where I bought it is shut down because of the lockdown.

TomRiddle

Finally, I did it. What a struggle. I watched "Extremeley difficult tubeless tire removal from Enve Carbon rim,"
and found it very comforting-- I then knew that I was not alone. I also saw that some people ended up destroying either the rim or the tire while trying to get the rim off. Now I'm confident that I can be back on the road soon. Thanks so much for the moral support.

Saratoga Dave

So did it turn out to be tubeless? I’m guessing no since you never apparently saw sealant coming out, but maybe it’s time to make it so. With sealant and something like a Dart kit from Stan’s you’d have a lot less to worry about.