2020 Domane+ LT 9 (Fazua drive system)

e-boy

From Trek website:
"It's right for you if...
You're an avid road rider searching for an e-bike that looks and rides like a traditional road bike. You want an electric drive system that's so lightweight and efficient you almost won't notice it until you flip the switch for a strategic boost of power."

JayVee

Specialized: It’s you only faster
Trek: It’s you only $12K in debt

This is getting silly.

Last edited:

Captain Slow

I was considering buying a regular Domane so this bike is interesting to me except for the price. I noticed that Trek only makes an aluminum frame on the Domane and a fairly low end bike that is spec'ed with Sora. So I don't hold out hope they'll make a cheaper version of the Domane+ in an aluminum frame.

I'm looking at both the Creo and Domane+. I've been waiting for the aluminum models of Creo before I buy one which I would have expected to be released by now, but hasn't.

I'll test ride both bikes before I buy. Leaning towards the Specialized but we'll see after I ride them. The Domane+ will have to be better since it costs more. If it's pretty close between the two I'll probably go with the Creo because it's less expensive.

Captain Slow

Thanks Steve, I find that bike interesting but not sure I want a fixed gear bike. I will have to think about why I want an electric bike though as ultimately maybe I don't need the motor at this time. Several years ago I got the electric bike because I was commuting to work and needed to rush back home in a reasonable time because I had to pick up kids at daycare. Those days are over now as they're in their teens. So I can ride home slowly most days if I wish.

But the other reason I thought a motor would be nice is that I have some friends who race Cat 3 and on longer rides say 70km's to 120 km's I have trouble keeping up on the hills. Generally the flats are ok as I can just sit on wheels. It's the hills where I get dropped so I don't see this fixed gear electric bike suiting that purpose, but it probably works fine as a commuter.

Will have to give it some further thought but my initial reaction is that it's close but not quite there.

steve mercier

Thanks Steve, I find that bike interesting but not sure I want a fixed gear bike. I will have to think about why I want an electric bike though as ultimately maybe I don't need the motor at this time. Several years ago I got the electric bike because I was commuting to work and needed to rush back home in a reasonable time because I had to pick up kids at daycare. Those days are over now as they're in their teens. So I can ride home slowly most days if I wish.

But the other reason I thought a motor would be nice is that I have some friends who race Cat 3 and on longer rides say 70km's to 120 km's I have trouble keeping up on the hills. Generally the flats are ok as I can just sit on wheels. It's the hills where I get dropped so I don't see this fixed gear electric bike suiting that purpose, but it probably works fine as a commuter.

Will have to give it some further thought but my initial reaction is that it's close but not quite there.
Sure ,makes sense .Well if you ever test one of those on a hill I would be interested in your take on it.