2020 Giant Trance E+3 Pro energypak not charging

5ebikeGuy

Hi there, my Trance E+ 3 Pro energypak isn’t charging, any ideas? It doesn‘t charge at all via the smart charger, plugged either directly into the bike or when the battery is removed. The LED light on the smart charger is briefly green when I turn it on, but within a second goes red and stays red. It should be flashing green. The white LEDs on the energypak should be on, but they are off.
I’ve searched online forums and websites, and there’s no mention of this problem.
Cheers
My bikes less than a week old I have the same problem so so far we think it’s the contacts at the bottom of the battery which is a problem because the context don’t work with the remote plug-in wants to batteries removed and

Salva846

Checked and cleaned the connection tabs already, doesn't seem to be the issue.
Since the battery is not fully discharged (had like 30% remaining) and it's not powering up the bike anymore, I'm guessing something went wrong with the battery management system or something like that.

I emailed my dealer, will see what they say...we are already 3 people on this thread with apparently the same issue on a 2020 model, seems like a common failure ?
Update : it's apparently a charger issue. They replaced my battery and it still wasn't working, then they gave me a new charger and it's working again

5ebikeGuy

Update : it's apparently a charger issue. They replaced my battery and it still wasn't working, then they gave me a new charger and it's working again
Good to know. I have to wait a week for the dealer to get to my bike and they’re going to run a diagnostic that apparently is something that giant has.

Salva846

Good to know. I have to wait a week for the dealer to get to my bike and they’re going to run a diagnostic that apparently is something that giant has.
My bike was tuned and it wasn't an issue, if that's what you're worried about. I obviously removed the tuning device before handing it out to them though, which was a pain