2022 Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO

covert

Region
USA
City
Los Angeles
Today was my first gravel ride ever! I was having so much fun I didn't take a photo out on the trail, but here are some photos of the aftermath.

IMG_1388.jpeg

IMG_1390.jpeg

kahn

Region
USA
City
northWET washington
So your through axle has a handle? Is that what that is? You don't have to use a wrench and I suppose proper torque isn't as important as I thought.
My Creo has a "handle" on the through axle that looks like the lever on a quick release. It is one-piece and NOT a lever - just looks like one. It might be convenient since it does not need an allen wrench BUT I found that its size and location could interfere with a rear rack. Two racks I looked at would not fit well and would have had to be removed if you had a flat tire. Not convenient to have to remove a rack to fix a tire.

Second when I did get a flat, while the "lever" or leverage handle was there, someone had over tightened the axle and I could not get it free. I tried standing on it and tried using my bike shoe as a hammer - neither worked. Finally, some guy came to the parking lot where I was trying to fix the flat and he had a tool kit with hammer. I really wanted a rubber mallet but HAMMER was good enough.

I will admit that after that experience I did buy through axles without that handle but have not replaced the originals yet.

covert

Region
USA
City
Los Angeles
So your through axle has a handle? Is that what that is? You don't have to use a wrench and I suppose proper torque isn't as important as I thought.
Correct, I don’t plan on having to use it anytime soon (crosses finger)

I swapped out the saddle today and rode another 25 miles.

CE69236C-D7EE-4A0F-BFC7-82DB6D6FC257.jpeg
21302A80-81C1-4DDC-841A-AA321AEA3336.jpeg
C6386D96-A350-4293-8509-F82D15512140.jpeg

covert

Region
USA
City
Los Angeles
Can you tell us about the accessory that allows you to connect the Garmin Varia tail light to the Mirror saddle? Thanks.
Bup Labs SWAT Mount for Garmin Varia