25,000 km On E-Bikes In Less Than Three Years

TrevorB

Stefan do you have maintenance records. Curious on your drivetrain life.

I'm currently at 7500km on 11spd cassette and 4000km on 2nd chain. Plan to run whole lot into ground till it starts giving me problems, then replace complete drivetrain including chainring.

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Mazovia, Poland
Stefan do you have maintenance records. Curious on your drivetrain life.

I'm currently at 7500km on 11spd cassette and 4000km on 2nd chain. Plan to run whole lot into ground till it starts giving me problems, then replace complete drivetrain including chainring.
Yes, I keep maintenance records. Unfortunately, not from the beginning of my big Vado history.
For instance, the latest Vado cassette was installed exactly a year ago, that is, 4,650 km ago. I do not need to replace it.

With chainrings, I swap them pretty often to make my big Vado more suited for specific purposes (e.g. mountain vs flatland rides). For instance, the latest Garbaruk 42T chainring has been in use for 1,940 km. Before, I used a Shimano 38T steel chainring that was ridden for 2,700 km. Any of these chainrings plus older 48T Praxis chainring are in excellent shape.

I change the chain each 6 months (typically) but the latest was only used for 2,800 km, so it still has some life in it.

teskow

@Djangodog: Sorry for replying late!
"Carpathians" is a wide term as Carpathians consist of many mountain ranges and (if I am not wrong) even extend deep into Romania. Yes, I rode in Bieszczady (pretty high mountains on the Polish/Ukrainian/Slovak border). Exciting rides indeed! Then, I spend a long riding day in Lower Beskyd and another mountain range near Krynica in Poland. On that occasion I crossed so-called "green border" to Slovakia over a mountain hiking trail! (Nothing illegal inside the EU though). Later, I had a long ride in Slovak and Polish Pieniny. (All these places belong to the Carpathians).

Sudety in southwestern Poland are even more exciting to me. I and brother had several days of fantastic rides there, on two separate vacation (2020 and 2021). Too many stories o tell, especially as the Sudety are also divided into many ranges (and each range is very different). What is important: my brother loves routes extending to or contained inside the Czech Republic as he loves Czech beer! :)
Who could not love Czech beer?

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Mazovia, Poland
Who could not love Czech beer?
Basically, I'm not in Lager or Pils. I'm not in any mass produced beer. Grateful to America to invent "craft beer"!
While in the Czech Republic, I conform to the country's lifestyle and drink their pilsners and lagers. It is nothing wrong for the Czech to have one light beer on a ride (especially, as these are pretty weak at inns, pubs, etc). Still, I am not particularly fond of the taste of hops used for pilsner and lager.