2nd bike advice....!

debbeut

Hi all, I am new to ebikes but have certainly been doing a LOT of research lately. I am 58, love riding bikes, but stopped because it was too strenuous for me. I live in L.A. and just want to ride around for fun mostly on streets, but would love to take the bike to ride on easy trails, dirt paths, next to the beach (but probably not on sand). I don't have any young kids to transport around. That said, I would love to be able to ride with my husband or a friend or etiher of my sons who are 18 and 25 when they are aroud. I tried out a Radmini and loved it, and then rode a Rad City for 5 minutes which I also loved, but didn't take it on any hills. So I ordered a Rad City ST which will be delivered in August. I want to buy a 2nd bike so I can ride with other people or have flexibility myself. Should I get a Rad Mini ST? Or wait until I try the City and maybe get another of those? My main concern is that it will ride up hills ok and off road some as well (but not heavy duty off road of course). I have a Prius, so would need a rack unless the folded mini might fit in the back. Even then, I could not transport my Rad City. Not sure I need fat tire of the RadMini but it certainly was zippy! Thanks for advice.

debbeut

Oh I even thought of RadRunner or RadRunner Plus, but the rear seat would probably be wasted on me since I don't have lightweight people to ride on the back.

AHicks

Region
USA
City
Snow Bird - Summer S.E. Michigan, Winter Gulf Coast North Central Fl.
If you have one on it's way, I would hold off on anything else until you get a few miles on that. I think you'll find that bike is going to teach you a ton! With that experience under your belt, you'll be a much different buyer when it comes to selecting a second bike.

byunbee

And also test ride different types of bikes from different brands (Giant, Specialized, Bulls, Haibike, etc.). RadPower bikes are all hub drives with cadence sensors I think. Mid-drives with good torque sensing is a different more natural feel which you may or may not like better.

Information is power, but nothing beats hands on experience.

Last edited: