30 Chinese Cities are on Level 1 lockdown

Mike's E-Bikes

Here is an update on the possible R naught, based on research from some scientists in China.

You can decide for yourself based on what's presented if this will impact you...

The gentleman presenting this is Dr. Chris Martenson.

"Why the Whitehouse Just Declared a National Health Emergency"

FlatSix911

Well, it's now reached my back yard in Silicon Valley... welcome the new world order. ;)

A woman wearing a face mask speaks to hospital personnel wearing protective
medical gowns at No. 5 Hospital in Wuhan, China, on Friday, Jan. 24, 2020.
Chris Buckley/The New York Times

Last edited:

Mike's E-Bikes

The hardest part is confirming. Here in US the CDC is the only place doctors can send samples to for verification. CDC has been flooded with 10's of thousands of requests. Not sure why they haven't already worked on getting field test kits out to thousands of locations around the US. There really is no idea how widespread it may already be in many countries outside of China. Only the cases with serious complications and for sure known origination from having been in China are being confirmed. But with 5 to 14 day asymptomatic period, and it being spread during that time, it will be very hard to keep up with the spread, and figure out how and where to take measures to contain.

BrianK

In our baseline scenario, we estimated that the basic reproductive number for 2019-nCoV was 2·68 (95% CrI 2·47–2·86) and that 75 815 individuals (95% CrI 37 304–130 330) have been infected in Wuhan as of Jan 25, 2020. The epidemic doubling time was 6·4 days (95% CrI 5·8–7·1). We estimated that in the baseline scenario, Chongqing, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen had imported 461 (95% CrI 227–805), 113 (57–193), 98 (49–168), 111 (56–191), and 80 (40–139) infections from Wuhan, respectively. If the transmissibility of 2019-nCoV were similar everywhere domestically and over time, we inferred that epidemics are already growing exponentially in multiple major cities of China with a lag time behind the Wuhan outbreak of about 1–2 weeks.

Ebiker01

"virus is NOT currently spreading in the community in the United States,” the CDC website says."

that's a BIG lie based on a false assumption.

the infected person was in contact with other people, is a high certainty that others got infected and are currently transmitting it to others..

A strong immune system and plenty of sleep is the key to fight this virus.

Mike's E-Bikes

Started this thread back on the 26th last week, in anticipation that the ebike industry would likely be affected. After all thats happened, nothing remarkable about this article or confirmation, other than its likely going to affect substantially more firms than Bafang, and those firms wont likely 'ring any Nazdaq-like bells' letting people know, other than perhaps their confidential contacts within respective organizations who are at the next step in the supplier chain.

Here is an article on Bafangs first announcement about their delays in lead times, specifically mentioning the corona virus...

Bafang supplies boatloads of motors to the entire industry, both hub drives and mid drives.

Thomas Jaszewski

China vendors are sending identical messages to resellers completely downplaying the virus. No batteries are shipping from several factories. Another nightmare, as if the tariffs weren't brutal enough!
Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 12.45.58 PM.png

Last edited:

harryS

My nephews wife got back from Xian last week, just before her airline quit flying out of China, this week and also avoiding the 2 week quarantines now in place. Both her and her husband will be working from home the next two weeks.

Appears to be some good results with antivirals in Thailand.

Mike's E-Bikes

China vendors are sending identical messages to resellers completely downplaying the virus. No batteries are shipping from several factories. Another nightmare, as if the tariffs weren't brutal enough!View attachment 45210
The messages I have been sent have been much more cryptic, but all acting like nothing serious is happening. Dates of re-opening are all varying. Its weird as some claim none of it is happening in their area, yet they are still delaying re-opening. Some admitted the date could change, and at the same time quoting 60 to 90 day delays. Makes sense I guess if all shipments are by sea, and obviously not everyone could ship all delayed product at the same time, since ships and ports would be severely strained with so many playing catch up. In essence and unfortunately JIT just became JTL.

elect

I'll just leave this here: https://www.ccn.com/alleged-tencent-leak-suggests-coronavirus-death-toll-spiraling-to-25000/

This also got quickly censored in China: https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://archive.is/ObawP

Also, it's particularly curious to notice that the higher numbers showed only for few time are remarkable close to those estimated by and Hong Kong University (https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594)

Long short story: we *may* be at ~16% mortality rate (SARS was ~10%)

Let's see what happens to those sick outside China

Last edited:

Handlebars

Canada in particular Toronto and Ontario have completely clammed up for a week, after disgracefully trying to push the fake news of xenophobic Toronto. No reports of people's test results or people recovering . Nothing.
Now the only and weak narrative is about Canadians stuck in China and on cruise ships

Deacon Blues

I live on Vancouver Island, which is part of British Columbia, Canada. Even though I don't think we will be hit hard by the Corona virus, My wife and I are preparing for a worst-case scenario and buying supplies to keep us going for at least a month on our own.
It's probably overkill, but you never know, and I don't believe anything the Chinese government says. I think it's much worse than they say it is.

Handlebars

The brave young doctor who first raised the alert and had police goon squad visit him to shut him up, just died at 34 yrs old. They are lying about the infection rate and the number of dead, and using their scumbag puppets in the WHO to lie to the world about how wonderful they've been.

They are encasing people into their homes while decrying supposed US xenophobia and overreaction. The crematorium in one city reported working 24/7 instead of the usual 4 hr per day.
Video of them forcibly locking people inside...

Attachments

Last edited:

Thomas Jaszewski

See today's NYTimes

Author HeadshotBy David Leonhardt
Opinion Columnist

"I thought of this history when reading the heart-rending story of Li Wenliang, the doctor in Wuhan who in late December tried to sound a warning about the coronavirus. Instead of listening to him, Communist Party officials muzzled and criticized him. Li later contracted the virus himself, from one of his patients, and died earlier today. A photo of him wearing an oxygen mask in his hospital bed flooded social media.
Under China’s current leader, Xi Jinping, the government has moved away from Deng’s empirical approach and back toward Mao’s rigid ideology. The coronavirus crisis is an example of the damage that approach can do. And unlike a half-century ago, China is a powerful, globally integrated country, which means that its tragedies can more easily become global tragedies."

Handlebars

The hospital. no toilets. no washing. no medicine. This brave man reporting it has now been disappeared. They take people reporting and put them in the ward to die because they've supposedly been exposed to the virus. We need to stop using China for cheap supplies or just admit that we really don't care about anything but our own selfish wishes.

PaD

I read it was transmitted from live animals sold for food at a consumer market. The story did not state what live animal was sold for food. I'd bet it was some kind of bird. Birds have been a source of viruses to humans before.
There was an article in Business Insider a few days ago describing the similarities with e.g sars virus and also discussing the origin of the virus.
Bats are a source but probably there is some intermediary animal involved.