5000km Anniversary for SuperCharger 2

sammcneill

Region
New Zealand
Thought I'd share something not too serious - I had a 5yr work anniversary this week and now a 5000km anniversary on my SuperCharger 2 as well.

It's taken a shade under 18 months to clock it up and by coincidence a t-shirt and hoodie I'd ordered last week arrived on the same day - this was designed by a local cycling enthusiast and shows the new cycle pathways in the city laid out like a traditional subway map (@peterh_nz you'd appreciated this!). Check it out:

4.png

Here's the magic number:

1.png

This was the lovely spot (with rather unlovely weather) beside the Avon River and the memorial to the lives lost in the major 2011 earthquake that devasted my city:

3-1.png

and finally this is the odometer readings I've been keeping for our car and bike:

4-1.png

You can see from the orange line the car we semi-permanently loaned and no longer use, so for a family of 6 we do pretty well with one car and an eBike! (the big spikes in car usage are typically driving inter-city either for holiday or dropping my daughter at University)

Cheers and enjoy your riding

Sam

Kiwibru

Awesome! My SC2 will be two years old next month and I am at 4235km and counting. Winter rain and snow throws a wrench in my commuting but I still love the bike and pushing the weight around with the power turned off on the flats is a great workout. I do need to replace a flaky rear wheel pick up sensor but that will come later after warranty is out. Propel did send me a replacement unit under warranty which was great, I just have to dive into removing the side cover and maybe the motor to swap out the connecting wire.
Ride on...

webcurl

Region
Australia
Mine Supercharger 2 is 1.5 years and has 13170 km and counting :D it's indeed a tank.
Whoah, that's a fair bit more than me and mine is twice as old.
On the German forums they call it a Jeep i think :)

Reactions: One

webcurl

Region
Australia
With a good translator this forum usually has most things Charger/SuperCharger discussed well before ElectricBikeReview forums.
It's a huge resource - at 865 pages with 17,296 posts, here's one of the early uses of "Jeep" to describe the SC:

Reactions: One

One

With a good translator this forum usually has most things Charger/SuperCharger discussed well before ElectricBikeReview forums.
It's a huge resource - at 865 pages with 17,296 posts, here's one of the early uses of "Jeep" to describe the SC:
Thanks for the link indeed a huge resource.

sammcneill

Region
New Zealand
319CA873-5093-4AD7-97BB-C02C5F25023E.jpeg

Well I don’t intend to post every “anniversary” in this thread but turned out I saw it tick over onto 6000km this morning after test riding the bike after completing some minor brake maintenance.

I confess my bike mileage is now being split between the SC2 and my eMTB which is vying for more adventure hours! This is from a 52 eMTB ride on the weekend:

5D29776D-9E79-49D3-A50C-BAB4A5223F0B.jpeg

With fuel prices increasing we are definitely attempting to drive less and bike more:

1649021938626.png

Stay safe everyone