500S display password Bafang Hub Drive ?

Kingsley

Region
Canada
It's more serious than just matching up the wires/wire functions. These displays use a form of serial communications from the controller to the display and back. There are no standards set to define those communications, so your chances of an unmatched controller/display being fully functional are remote at best. Some will actually tease you with their ability to light up the display - and STILL not be able to communicate with the controller. I'm not positive on the Bafang stuff, but I am on the KT based equipment. If you want a display to talk to a KT controller, it had better be a KT display.... -Al
Thanks AL, I'm prepared for it not handshaking properly but nonetheless, was the last option as u know.
Crossing my fingers.
P.s. run 2 bikes with kt - kit and no issues so far. I think there's more valuable info readily available when dealing with KT.
🤞wish me luck

Baigs786

Region
Canada
I was in a similar boat, wanted to upgrade to the color 500c display and came across this thread. What menu options does the advanced setting have anyway? Any ability to remove the 32kmh limit? (iGo Core Extreme 3.0).

Baigs786

Region
Canada
👍

Seems to be a iGO thing. Everyone else I’ve contacted has looked into it and said they don’t know the password, where iGO said they just simply won’t give it to me.

I have emailed APT. I’ll let everybody know when they respond.
HI, any response yet from APT?

tomjasz

Region
USA
City
Minnesnowta
No word from them.
I sent them an email nearly 3 weeks ago.
Another poster did mention above they did hear back from them but to no avail.
I'm certain a Chinese fellow on EBR was an APT tech. I just can't find his threads... ARGH!!!

Kingsley

Region
Canada
I'm certain a Chinese fellow on EBR was an APT tech. I just can't find his threads... ARGH!!!
Morning Tomjasz
Searching for a, "....Chinese fellow", on EBR huh...
Lol...don't blame you for not zeroing in on 'them'.
Keywords?
Apt
Display
Made in China???

tomjasz

Region
USA
City
Minnesnowta
I didn’t look closely but there seem to be firmware updates.

Kingsley

Region
Canada
Guess what arrived today?
😁
Sooooooo fast! Amazon states it is due to arrive on June 24th.
I digress, waiting on cable BUT still stoked.
And yes, it is an APT Display.

Kingsley

Region
Canada
Screenshot_20220522-141424_Chrome.jpg

Kingsley

Region
Canada
Does anybody know the password for the iGo Extreme 3.0 E bike. It has the 500S control display. It is for the bike sold at Costco in Canada. I have tried 1919, 9191, 0512 and none of them work.

Thanks in advance.
Days away from hopefully figuring this out.
Crossing my fingers.
I've kept the thread alive...man, I hope this works out!

Kingsley

Region
Canada
After the screen arrived damaged, instead of an exchange they sent a refund.
I cant even source one on Alibaba or Aliexpress, not even Wish (that would be a desperate last resort) they don't exist on Amazon or eBay...I found ONE 500s but the Chinese distributor wants $150! I can but a 500c (color) for 15 buks off Aliexpress...makes no sense.

tomjasz

Region
USA
City
Minnesnowta
After the screen arrived damaged, instead of an exchange they sent a refund.
I cant even source one on Alibaba or Aliexpress, not even Wish (that would be a desperate last resort) they don't exist on Amazon or eBay...I found ONE 500s but the Chinese distributor wants $150! I can but a 500c (color) for 15 buks off Aliexpress...makes no sense.
I found a number of sources. https://www.amazon.com/Control-Repl...ocphy=9019860&hvtargid=pla-570152846345&psc=1

Google!