500S display password Bafang Hub Drive ?

GTXMike

Region
Canada
Hi Guys, I’m in the same boat as you with my extreme 3.0. I ordered a DPS 18 that arrived with a female connection, of course it’s opposite on the bike ( reference the comment from Igo that there displays are wired different). I then ordered a cable, plugged everything up and the display did not work. I then went to a local bike shop and they tried the DPS 18 on 4 in stock bikes, still no go so I returned it. Now in a holding pattern and debating changing the display and controller with next step to pull the side cover to look at the wiring as suspect they may have used a different motor cable plug.

tomjasz

Hi Guys, I’m in the same boat as you with my extreme 3.0. I ordered a DPS 18 that arrived with a female connection, of course it’s opposite on the bike ( reference the comment from Igo that there displays are wired different). I then ordered a cable, plugged everything up and the display did not work. I then went to a local bike shop and they tried the DPS 18 on 4 in stock bikes, still no go so I returned it. Now in a holding pattern and debating changing the display and controller with next step to pull the side cover to look at the wiring as suspect they may have used a different motor cable plug.
Displays can be maker specific pin outs. And different firmware. Rad uses opposite of BBSxx series kit motors. Selling EggRiders it was all to common that buyers didn’t read descriptions. It’s a PIA. I’m sad to read it is a nightmare for you. Hang in there. Many of us have suffered the same frustration.

All the best!

tomjasz

One example.
httpsmanual.eggrider.compdfEggRider_User_Manual.pdf.png