Ebiker01

pizza, Mcdonalds, laziness, Football, couch potatoes, Alchool, mass media, internet, medical scams, Hollywood, inability to fix a flat tire for over 90% of population..

Enough reasons i think . Oh and the SUV's ... sooo a culture created for destruction not creation.

sc00ter

It's funny, we have almost the same discussion on the motor scooter forums. Why wont more people ride a scooter? I think image comes first. If someone doesn't wanna be seen on a scooter or ebike as an adult, nothing will change them. It's to late for them. Shame as most people don't know what their missing. The second problem is danger. I know people who really want to ride either a bicycle or ebike for commuting but as cars get faster/larger and drivers get distracted more, drive with no insurance and let their vehicles go into a state of disrepair (my state is thinking of DROPPING state inspections) its just not safe, and it seems to be getting worse. Plus safe bike paths are far and few around here. We're making some progress but its still no great.

Oberst

It's funny, we have almost the same discussion on the motor scooter forums. Why wont more people ride a scooter? I think image comes first. If someone doesn't wanna be seen on a scooter or ebike as an adult, nothing will change them. It's to late for them. Shame as most people don't know what their missing. The second problem is danger. I know people who really want to ride either a bicycle or ebike for commuting but as cars get faster/larger and drivers get distracted more, drive with no insurance and let their vehicles go into a state of disrepair (my state is thinking of DROPPING state inspections) its just not safe, and it seems to be getting worse. Plus safe bike paths are far and few around here. We're making some progress but its still no great.

they just need to see a young Sting on a scooter to think cool
5EA72B40-1493-41D9-BACB-40539788052C.jpeg

Timpo

Bicycles are for losers.

That's the pretentious perception we have in our society.

If you're riding a bike, that means you're in a financial hardship not being able to afford to drive cars.

TMH

Chris is actually asking this question to the wrong audience. Folks on this forum have already bought into bikes / e-bikes as a viable form of recreation, transportation, etc. We are only guessing and assuming why others don't embrace bikes, which are clearly so useful and beneficial to us. And you know what happens when one assumes...

Timpo

Chris is actually asking this question to the wrong audience. Folks on this forum have already bought into bikes / e-bikes as a viable form of recreation, transportation, etc. We are only guessing and assuming why others don't embrace bikes, which are clearly so useful and beneficial to us. And you know what happens when one assumes...
Oh that's a good point.
Some EBR members don't have a bike yet, but at least they're still curious or interested in ebikes.

Many people aren't even remotely interested in getting ebikes and rather drive cars to work.

TOOSLOW

This illustrates the problem within society today, everyone telling everybody else what they should do.
That's not freedom, and surely not what the founding fathers fought for.

Ebiker01

Before Covid and after Covid

After :

Massive increases of regualr bikes and ebikes sales...

It pretty much came down to ONE simple thing:TIME.
All this jobs and commute, kids, schools...who had the time ?? People were just too busy.

Well now, thanks to Covid we all get fresh air, go out and exercise , ride bike or ebikes.

Most imp. : Do not dine in , seat down to eat !! THANK YOU. that is really amazing...what a relief.
Can't get fat any longer..

I've seen so many people on bikes lately in the parks , bikes that were clearly not ridden since 2001 or earlier ... seatpoat too high/low, rusted chains, low tire pressures, shoe cleats way too far outward, brakes barely working...
Is booming time for a bike shop ! Many are out of bikes below 1.5k.

Art Deco

Region
USA
City
Selinsgrove
Before Covid and after Covid

After :

Massive increases of regualr bikes and ebikes sales...

It pretty much came down to ONE simple thing:TIME.
All this jobs and commute, kids, schools...who had the time ?? People were just too busy.

Well now, thanks to Covid we all get fresh air, go out and exercise , ride bike or ebikes.

Most imp. : Do not dine in , seat down to eat !! THANK YOU. that is really amazing...what a relief.
Can't get fat any longer..

I've seen so many people on bikes lately in the parks , bikes that were clearly not ridden since 2001 or earlier ... seatpoat too high/low, rusted chains, low tire pressures, shoe cleats way too far outward, brakes barely working...
Is booming time for a bike shop ! Many are out of bikes below 1.5k.
Time . Time to ride slowly or walk outside. Time to cook real food and enjoy it. Time to think, not just react. Now if we could only enjoy our friends and neighbors with that time.

byunbee

This illustrates the problem within society today, everyone telling everybody else what they should do.
That's not freedom, and surely not what the founding fathers fought for.
But it's human nature. Take that away and we'd be robots. Now take your pick. 😜