800 mile update on schwalbe marathon e plus for giant explore 3

Gary K

Just completed 800 miles on my new schwalbe marathon e plus tires. They are a fantastic tire for the giant explore. I run them at between 35-40 front and 40-45 rear. They perform very well in dry, wet and light sand. I found them to be very grippy in fast turns and running lower pressures absorb small bumps and provide a very nice ride. At 800 miles, not much wear is showing even though I’ve used the tires on paths and gravel.

Attachments

• 2EA3508F-1F0B-4192-8524-9F2C8D51E3A4.jpeg
    2EA3508F-1F0B-4192-8524-9F2C8D51E3A4.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 87

fooferdoggie

I have 5600 miles on mine. but I ahd three flats in back and just had a puncture last week but the green stuff fixed it.

rcdanner

NO FLATS. I have over 2,000 miles on mine. Running 700x50 on my FLX Roadster. No slime or liners. Stock tubes. BEST TIRES I have ever ridden. From the looks of the tread wear, I expect another 2-4,000 miles,maybe more.

StrongZero

Just completed 800 miles on my new schwalbe marathon e plus tires. They are a fantastic tire for the giant explore. I run them at between 35-40 front and 40-45 rear. They perform very well in dry, wet and light sand. I found them to be very grippy in fast turns and running lower pressures absorb small bumps and provide a very nice ride. At 800 miles, not much wear is showing even though I’ve used the tires on paths and gravel.

What size did you fit and is there much room for going larger than factory? I see those are made in up to 2.15".

Jim Conboy

I just got a 2020 Explore about 4 months ago. They came with tubeless tires; I've never had them before. I do multi day tours some in remote areas far from bike shops. I'm told these tires can be very hard to get off the wheels and that fixing a flat on the road can be difficult. Any thoughts? Thanks

iskjone

My experience is changing tires on my Explore E+ 4 is a simple straight up process. It's a 10 minute routine job, no problems. Don't understand what people are having issues with.