Advice on eBikes to my facebook friends

Latitude

$200 for a helmet at the local Trek dealer is outrageous
If you read the reviews of some of those helmets, or other brands where riders experienced a serious accident while wearing a MIPS or similar helmet, I don’t think you will find many with buyer’s remorse. I have a Bontrager Circuit helmet from Trek, and I like the fact that it came with brackets to put their great Blendr lights on. I use them when I have to contend with traffic and can say without a doubt that vehicles give me more room. I even had a telecommunications service van guy stop me to ask about them because he had seen me on the highway earlier “from a mile away”. He was looking to add them to his bike kit.

Last edited:

tlippy

How can you say"without a doubt". It's meaningless. I prefer stats to "beliefs". Next I expect a" belief " that the Park spoke tensioner at $60 is better than my Aliexpress $14 one

Last edited:

Latitude

How can you say"without a doubt". It's meaningless. I prefer stats to "beliefs"
Okay... I will say “in my experience”, vehicles are passing me what seems like a couple of feet further away. In 60 rides with this helmet, I have avoided contact with other vehicles 100% of the time. There were no serious injuries. But I’m afraid I don’t have a benchmark to compare it to :). Or a spoke tensioner.

Last edited: