Allant+ 9.9S Trigger Shifter-Ongoing, unresolved..NOW, somewhat resolved

Rob NJ

Picked up my bike today from LBS, they put a new cable housing and cable in. SEEMS a little easier, raining, windy today, will give it the proper testing over the next few days. Sure hope it's better, like I said, it SEEMS lighter to the touch, but then again it is on no way like the cheapo sub $1,000 bike that was like butter.
Glad that it feels better for you. I am getting used to my Allant 9.9 shifting. After 300 miles I notice what you would with a normal bike - the cables have stretched a bit. The LBS wants you to bring it back anyway for tweaking. Will do that over the next few weeks. Will take it out if weather in NJ cooperates. Going back down to FL in mid-March for a few weeks and will get some time with it there.

Rick53

Glad that it feels better for you. I am getting used to my Allant 9.9 shifting. After 300 miles I notice what you would with a normal bike - the cables have stretched a bit. The LBS wants you to bring it back anyway for tweaking. Will do that over the next few weeks. Will take it out if weather in NJ cooperates. Going back down to FL in mid-March for a few weeks and will get some time with it there.
Tweak What ? The cables ?

Rob NJ

All good with the bike. I actually could have made the slight change in cable stretch by turning the knob by the shift lever. Duh. Everything else checks out after 320 miles. Taking it back down to Florida for a few weeks in March, so should get some good riding in there.

GuruUno

I'll assume you are driving and taking the bike on your rack. I'm headed to Ft. Lauderdale in March, sure wish I could take my bike (flying), but that's a whole different story (ship, send, ship back, etc.)

Rob NJ

I'll assume you are driving and taking the bike on your rack. I'm headed to Ft. Lauderdale in March, sure wish I could take my bike (flying), but that's a whole different story (ship, send, ship back, etc.)
Yes, taking the Auto Train with the Bikes on the back. Meeting our daughters for a week in St. Pete, then probably hanging with our friends for a week at Belleair Beach. Should get a few hundred miles in at least. Breaking the Allant 9.9 in a bit before the summer.