another ebike needed

pearlbeer

I bought a RadPower RadWagon about a year and a half ago, and 2,000 miles later, I've decided it is one of the best purchases I've ever made. It makes me want another e-bike. I've always had a sable of revolving cool bicycles, so maybe this is just feeding the beast. BUT, I've had so much fun on the e-bike, I think I'd be justified in getting another.

So...I've already got the cargo/kid hauler...what should I look at next?

I'm open to considerations, but would likely lean towards a 'do anything/fun' bike. 4" tires...fork. So far the Aventon Aventure is catching my eye, or maybe the new Rad6. What else should I be looking at?

RunForTheHills

Region
USA
I don't mind enabling you:

Exercise - Light and low powered: Specialized Vado SL, Creo, or Trek Domaine?
Mountain bike - Full suspension with a powerful mid-drive like the Bafang Ultra: Rize RX, Juggernaut Ultra, or Hydra
Commute to work - Upright bike with rack, fenders, and lights
Sand and snow - Fat tire bike
Take on trains and vacation bike - Lightweight folding bike: Electric Brompton or Gocycle

ElevenAD

Awesome man thats part of the fun! Im up to three and each time i buy one i come up with an excuse to get another lol, you got cargo covered i agree with a Fat Bike! Maybe a Hardtail this way you have an excuse to get a Full Suspension in the future😄
The bikes that @RunForTheHills just posted under Exercise and Mountain Bike are great choices!

ElevenAD

If your looking for choices you might also want to also consider the Eunarau Specter S
its around $3700 and the extra battery is only an additional 400! I have my eye on these!
1631614235816.png

AHicks

Region
USA
City
Snow Bird - Summer S.E. Michigan, Winter Gulf Coast North Central Fl.
I think a bunch of us started shopping for #2 bike not long after buying #1. First bike teaches you a ton - and just the idea of shopping for #2 confirms the fact that you are now seriously hooked on e-bikes 👍

You might just as well start selling off the conventional bikes as they are just going to start collecting dust. Proceeds from those sales can help finance #2. Worthy of consideration if you are handy, is to convert one of your favorite conventional bikes using something like Bafang BBSxx kit. A LOT of guys find those pretty entertaing. The BBSHD kit would provide the most power available anywhere....

I bought a fatty (Rize RX Pro) wanting to learn about the reason for all the 4" hype. In hindsight, I consider it a mistake for the mostly paved riding I do. Some like them, so just a heads up they don't work out well for everyone. Can also share they're expensive as hell to convert to 27.5" mountain bike type wheels/tires......

ruffruff

I'm with AHicks. If you ride a lot of tar or crushed gravel trails you will get tired of the 4" tires.
I'm not sure what you are looking for or what you intend to ride. But I wanted a bike I could hop on and knock off 15-20 miles of tar and gravel.
I picked up a Gazelle Ultimate and so far loving it. One of the most comfortable bikes I've ridden and it is a great quality bike.

ElevenAD

Note you may be suffering from early onset BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome), fortunately the only known treatment is more bikes!

Art Deco

Region
USA
City
Selinsgrove Pennsylvania
Do you like to ride gravel? Consider what you liked about you conventional stable and "follow your joy" as they say...

mschwett

Region
USA
I bought a RadPower RadWagon about a year and a half ago, and 2,000 miles later, I've decided it is one of the best purchases I've ever made. It makes me want another e-bike. I've always had a sable of revolving cool bicycles, so maybe this is just feeding the beast. BUT, I've had so much fun on the e-bike, I think I'd be justified in getting another.

So...I've already got the cargo/kid hauler...what should I look at next?

I'm open to considerations, but would likely lean towards a 'do anything/fun' bike. 4" tires...fork. So far the Aventon Aventure is catching my eye, or maybe the new Rad6. What else should I be looking at?

i'm a big fan of extremes in this case!

you've got a utilitarian bike. now get a fast bike for fun on the trails - like a full squish eMTB - and then get a fast bike for huge fast distances on the road - like a super light road e-bike. lots of great choices in all arenas. if you want FOUR bikes, then the one in between the eMTB and road bike could be a e gravel bike!

tumblr_oovzatRQrB1utfg94o1_1280.jpg

Art Deco

Region
USA
City
Selinsgrove Pennsylvania
i'm a big fan of extremes in this case!

you've got a utilitarian bike. now get a fast bike for fun on the trails - like a full squish eMTB - and then get a fast bike for huge fast distances on the road - like a super light road e-bike. lots of great choices in all arenas. if you want FOUR bikes, then the one in between the eMTB and road bike could be a e gravel bike!

View attachment 100077
As long as N is less than (S(spouse) -1)