Any chain drop solutions on the CCX?

Armchair

Weird, must have been a thread / forum glitch.

I should have mentioned that the DECKAS narrow wide idea was youth's suggestion. So a thanks for that! 🍻

BrianMura

I finally installed the DECKAS narrow wide chainring today... how long has it been...? :eek: Anyway, the chain dropped on the first ride... :confused: It does feel like the chain doesn't jump around though. The chain is near 70% wear though, so maybe a couple links need to be removed? :p

Armchair

I finally installed the DECKAS narrow wide chainring today... how long has it been...? :eek: Anyway, the chain dropped on the first ride... :confused: It does feel like the chain doesn't jump around though. The chain is near 70% wear though, so maybe a couple links need to be removed? :p

Yeah I haven't had a single drop in at least 1k miles since installing it. I did swap out the chains at the same time though and the new chain and less links. I'm not easy on the bike either, I hop up and down curbs on my commute.

Timpo

Update guys,

I installed the Deckas narrow-wide chain ring as suggested by Armchair.
It is far better than stock one and rides a lot smoother, no chain drops for approx 1,000 miles so far.

I was not able to install two chain guards, only the outside part only because the chain guard was rubbing against the frame.
I don't think I need two chainguards, it doesn't look like it's gonna drop anytime soon.

That said, I know BrianMura said he dropped the chain on first ride so I guess it depends?

Also, my chain has been shorted to 116 links.