Any red flags?

ElevenAD

that bike is going to be a pretty weak MTB, it has zero suspension! i mean if you must have carbon fiber there is the Luna X-1
although it does not have an Ultra,
if your not worried about Carbon Fiber you could get a Biktrix Ultra Pro for that friggin price, a bike from an established company,with warranty and solid fast customer service

BarryS

Agreed, but where they choose to cut corners in order to to keep the price down is sometimes questionable. For example on the Explore 2 and the Liv Amiti the control pads could be better and do not like rain. Some of the stock tires are junk. On the other hand the lights are very good and the grips and pedals are more than acceptable which is not always the case even on high priced bikes.
Yeah agreed. I don't get why companies will make a $3000 bike and then cut corners to save $200 or less on the retail scene .

Nova Haibike

I don't get why companies will make a $3000 bike and then cut corners to save $200 or less on the retail scene .
Aside from the highest end bikes, all companies have to make choices in specification. They are not trying to cut corners per se, but trying to hit a price point at which they think is right for the market.

Of course that does not excuse a poorly weather sealed button pad.

steve mercier

Aside from the highest end bikes, all companies have to make choices in specification. They are not trying to cut corners per se, but trying to hit a price point at which they think is right for the market.

Of course that does not excuse a poorly weather sealed button pad.
The Crosscut tires are a good example of corner cutting.

shiruba

TL;DR I'm on $3500 budget shopping for a fairly capiable e-mtb. Found a company called Nireeka, Seems kinda sketch. Any thoughts? Other options that I could go with?

Hullo,

I've been shopping around for an ebike for around or under $3500, that provides a large battery, powerful motor, ect. ect. What I came up with that fit approximately what I wanted was the Nireeka Prime- A supposed spec monster. I was elated at first, but now that I look into it, It doesn't seem that legitimate. So, I wanted to ask if anybody Has experience with their bikes, and what you guys here think of it.

Does anybody have any thoughts on these observations? Would you still reccomend going with these bikes? Are there some other options out there that can compete?

Thanks.
Hmmm... for me, Bafang is a red flag alone. If you have a budget of $3500 you can get a Trek or Yamaha, etc. (or Van Moof if that is your style). If you are in Japan, you can get a decent Panasonic one too.