Any regen to control maximun downhill coasting speed? Opposite of pedal assist limit.

Mike leroy

My hill is a 10% - 20% grade. The downhill coasting speed is 45+ mph. The speed limit is 35mph. Does any regen have a setting that would automatically limit coasting speed to 35mph?

In other words, any way to avoid applying handbrakes when going downhill to automatically limit speed to 35mph?

Mike leroy

I found that regen works better and is more restrictive when pedaling downhill.
Do you mean the battery recharges better? I can understand that.

I am willing to accept poor battery recharging levels. I want to keep the bike within the 35mph limit without manually squeezing the brakes down the hill. I want to minimize brake pad wear, because coasting speed is over 45mph.

I want the motor controller to spin the motor in reverse exactly enough to keep the speed under 35mph. A sort of regen cruise control. Is there a term for this, e.g., "brake control", "motor ABS" ?

What is your battery chemistry?
Does your system support back peddling ?
What motor or controller properties cause this, the number of phases, watts, or strength of magnets in your motor?

Last edited:

Marko

Turbos (MY -13) come with lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide (LiNiMnCoO2) batteries. The GoSwiss Drive motor (250W, integrated controller) regen level is adjustable but only with a diagnostic sw and a computer connected to the battery socket. In my experience the regen is constant regardless of how I ride, pedaling or not. Adds charge about 0,5-1% per kilometer.

Mike leroy

Turbos (MY -13) come with lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide (LiNiMnCoO2) batteries. The GoSwiss Drive motor (250W, integrated controller) regen level is adjustable but only with a diagnostic sw and a computer connected to the battery socket. In my experience the regen is constant regardless of how I ride, pedaling or not. Adds charge about 0,5-1% per kilometer.
I am curious about LiNiMnCoO2 battery chemisty. That seems very exotic. What benefit comes from such a complex chemistry?