Anybody tried out the GX yet?

Cheese

I've test rode it, and loved it. It looks great, and feels great. But man, even at 32% off, its so tough to justify spending that much on it. But I just want it, but I know deep down, I should get something else.

dodgy

I thought about buying a Gocycle for several years, every time I saw one I thought "wow". I'm a lifelong cyclist, only on the road these days, so a folding e-bike is probably a strange choice for a roadie like me, but I love it.
I don't use it as much as I thought, but when I do I really enjoy it and I use the car even less these days. When the weather improves I'll be using it a lot more.

Treat yourself, they're really well engineered pieces of kit.

Cheese

I thought about buying a Gocycle for several years, every time I saw one I thought "wow". I'm a lifelong cyclist, only on the road these days, so a folding e-bike is probably a strange choice for a roadie like me, but I love it.
I don't use it as much as I thought, but when I do I really enjoy it and I use the car even less these days. When the weather improves I'll be using it a lot more.

Treat yourself, they're really well engineered pieces of kit.
I am assuming you have the GX?

Do you think the GXi is worth the extra money?

I can't believe how indicisive I am being about this.

Machog

Hi all, it's great to see that you are enjoying the GX! Conrad from Gocycle here - feel free to ask me any questions, more than happy to help. Thanks
I’m just about to pull the trigger on a GX, need a lightweight folding bike to take on and off my boat. Is the new GXi battery available as a separate purchase yet. I want to try regular GX first to see if that will meet my needs. Tx

OldGuy

The G3/GXi battery can be bought separately, but is not inexpensive: https://www.gocycleusa.com/product-p/kkl-3214-4021-01.htm

I have a G3, but I envy the quick folding of the GX's, while not wanting the extra weight.

As to an earlier question about SF hills, one would need to be pedaling hard (maybe sitting) on the tough ones, as there are a lot of steep hills that the motor alone can't deal with, and using the button burns battery quickly.