Anyone using this Bafang light kit? BBSHD BBS02

AHicks

Region
USA
City
Snow Bird - Summer S.E. Michigan, Winter Gulf Coast North Central Fl.
Wow, I like that Thomas. Love the fact it's got a built in brake light and tee's off the 1/4 harness. That makes for a clean install that couldn't be much simpler. Would be a nice DIY project for a rainy day.

Thanks! Bookmarked! Will be ordering one soon to see how it goes. -Al

Last edited:

Gionnirocket

Region
USA
City
Y. O.
I wonder how it's tapping current... The 1 to 4 cable is all low current control. Displays with a USB port is rated @ 500ma so you should be able to draw at least that.
I know LED's are efficient but the lights can't be very bright. Probably good enough as running lights.

AHicks

Region
USA
City
Snow Bird - Summer S.E. Michigan, Winter Gulf Coast North Central Fl.
I wonder how it's tapping current... The 1 to 4 cable is all low current control. Displays with a USB port is rated @ 500ma so you should be able to draw at least that.
I know LED's are efficient but the lights can't be very bright. Probably good enough as running lights.
From the website: Input Current: 40mA-60mA

Yes, assuming here it's getting it's power from the 1/4 Tee/tap.....

Running lights, and the brake light, really all I'm looking for. Anything beyond would be a bonus.

Gionnirocket

Region
USA
City
Y. O.
From the website: Input Current: 40mA-60mA

Yes, assuming here it's getting it's power from the 1/4 Tee/tap.....

Running lights, and the brake light, really all I'm looking for. Anything beyond would be a bonus.
More importantly the front light states 12w which can give you some indication of brightness.... Though it doesn't specify if that includes the horn.
It must be tapping full battery voltage going to the display to provide that much power. I guess it must be ok if the display can provide 500ma to the USB port as 12w is about half that @ 48v
Not sure how you get 12w drawing 40 - 60ma with the batteries voltage

Last edited: