Bad Bosch Warranty - Biker Beware

Deacon Blues

BlackHand, can you link me to Bosch's warranty explanation? My recently purchased Cannondale, with a Bosch Gen 4 motor, is back in the shop because of a clicking sound coming from (I think) the motor.
I'm going to be really annoyed if the shop has to do some serious work on the motor and I have to pay for labor.

J.R.

From everything I've read and heard over the years, dealers pick up the tab for labor for their own customers and manufacturers pick up the tab for parts. I was specifically told this by a dealer where I bought a bike and a dealer who's become a friend. I don't know if it is a written or unwritten rule in the warranty contract.

Timpo

Many warranties only cover the part, not any labor. This is certainly true in the bicycle industry.
Well Amego covers labour too, they will talk to your LBS and set up an appointment or something.

Same as other company, I forgot what it was.. Rize or DJ?

Dallant

Certainly not saying this is the case but the age of iffy warranty response is certainly upon us. Major car companies like Toyota find ways out of even acknowledging a problem, let alone fixing one.

Alaskan

Certainly not saying this is the case but the age of iffy warranty response is certainly upon us. Major car companies like Toyota find ways out of even acknowledging a problem, let alone fixing one.
Rtringale is going off half cocked and clearly is avoiding clarifying the situation as requested by numerous people trying to sort it out. He seems to not really want any feeback or help. This thread appears to be just a hit and run as his first post on this forum. I give him no cred based on his demeanor, tone, and lack of follow up.

We should all stop commenting here and let this lousy thread sink to the bottom, never to be seen again.