Bafang BBSHD M615 48V/52V controller error code 07H update, new version with 48V battery show 85%

Hi, guys,

Many customers like to use a 52V battery connect to their BBSHD motors, the old 48V version controllers don't support that, so it will show 07H on the display. The newest 48V52V version can work with 48V/52V both battery, but it will show 85% on display when you connect to a 48V full charged battery. do you mind that?

BTN solution: we will upload the BBSHD 48V30A controller&52V28A controller software to our FAQ page later, so when you have that issue, you can download from our website and reprogram it to the one which you want.

Our website: www.btn-ebike.com

thomasq

BTN, IF you knew this bike has this issue.
Why did you sell me this bike? I purchased this bike November 20th, 2019
I wanted to purchase Ebike from you with little issues. This is a major issue.
Bike will charge to 84% and stop. But its really charged to 100%.
The problem with this Chinese battery is I'm only getting 18 miles to a charge with this setting.
I've been trying to resolve this issue through Alibaba but terrible solution dealing with you.
You tell me I have to purchase cable to program bike controller which cost me $35.00 with shipping. (you should of sent free of charge).
Then you send me dropbox items to download and unzip files. I tried and some file was corrupt with virus.
The steps involved to change controller setting were not clear and lot of steps. And you send me video in Chinese.
You tell me this bike was set up for a 52V battery but you send bike with 48V battery
I ask you if 52V battery will work with no issues and battery will show 100% when fully charged. You tell me yes.
I make suggestion that I'll ship the 48V battery back to you and you send me 52V battery and you tell me you don't sell 52V batteries.
Why do you sell this Eunorau bike that's programmed for 52V battery and ship with 48V battery.
I'd be willing to receive a 52V battery and pay a little extra to resolve this issue.
I don't want to download your software and use your cable to re-program my controller to a 48V settings.
If anyone else has had this issue, I'd love to hear from you.

Hi,Thomas,

Thanks for your message, EUNORAU Ebike will definitely offer good service for you.

Cause some of the customer purchase the bike and put a 52V battery on the bike with error code 07H, so Bafang upgrade the controllers to 48/52V compatible version.

The new coming FAT-HD/FAT-HS bikes will be with 48V only if the battery is 48V version.

Thanks again.

BTN team

thomasq

Hi BTN,
Since my Eunorau Ebike was not programmed correctly to except 48V battery to begin with. And I bought warranty.
Why don't I ship this Eunorau bike back to Las Vegas and you send me Eunorau Ebike that's programmed correctly?
Thanks,

Thomas Jaszewski

Hi BTN,
Since my Eunorau Ebike was not programmed correctly to except 48V battery to begin with. And I bought warranty.
Why don't I ship this Eunorau bike back to Las Vegas and you send me Eunorau Ebike that's programmed correctly?
Thanks,
Bafang stung ALL vendors by changing the firmware voltage cutoff to correspond with a 48V battery. A 52 v that they never liked being 58.8v and close to components max of 60v. EVERY RESELLER GOT STUNG. Same thing happened when they came out with the B version BBS01 and 02. Big changes told no one. Lastly the BBSHD had rotor shaft failures. New rotors weren’t backwards compatible. Dealers came up with a solution for first version BBSHD users.

but not working with a 48v battery is really weird.
what is the measured voltage of your 100% battery? what is the charger output?

thomasq

BTN, there is no order # from you. I have UPS tracking # I can send you. I had conversation with you on the November 18th and paid $$$ via Pay pal. You sent UPS tracking # on the 19th and I received the bike on Friday 11/22/19. Box weighed 102 lbs. The bike was shipped from Las Vegas and arrived in WA State. All visible on Alibaba. Fat-Hd-Blue.

Thomas, thanks for chimming in. I'm not a tech guy. Just a guy that wanted a new EBike that works and no major issues. I would have fixed all minor issues myself. The bike was sent to me programmed for a 52V battery. They should have tested bike before sending. When I charge my battery and charger turns from red (charging) to green(finished charging) the battery says 84 %. I've tested battery with volt meter and my battery is at 54 volts. That would be 100%. You cannot use display to change settings from 52V to 48V. That would wonderful if that was the case. I know there are other folks out there with this issue. I've seen it on this forum. No mention of fix yet.
BTN wants me to reprogram bike myself. I don't feel comfortable doing that myself.
BTN has also said that if I use a 52V battery everything will be fine because the bike was set up for 52V battery. I'm not sure if that will work. A new 52V battery is $500-$600. dollars.
Has anyone out there swapped to a 52V battery and this took care of issue?
Thanks.

hi, thomas, maybe you ordered from our dealer?

The controller is 48V/52V compatible, so no matter you use 48V battery or 52V battery all works. The 48V battery on the bike charge to full is 54.6V, you said 54V, it is correct.

Enjoy.

thomasq

BTN, Really? I bought bike form your financial manager/salesperson/customer service person all in one. She knows. I don't want to name names. But that's OK, I'll move on. It doesn't seem you want to warranty your products.
BTN, I wish I would have purchased from dealer and paid more money. I know I would get resolution.
I know my bike works with 48V. But the issue is I go 5 miles to work and display shows 50%, I go 5 miles home and it shows 25%, I go another 5 miles and I'm down to 10% running on econo mode. That's a problem for a brand new bike.
I've tried to resolve issue with you for a month on Alibaba and just a few days here on EBR forum. And it doesn't sound like you want to resolve issue. We can both move on now.
I will fix this on my own now.
I'd like to say so much more but I just need to let it go and wash my hands.
I Sincerely want to wish you Good Luck in selling bikes in USA.

Thomas Jaszewski

BTN, there is no order # from you. I have UPS tracking # I can send you. I had conversation with you on the November 18th and paid $$$ via Pay pal. You sent UPS tracking # on the 19th and I received the bike on Friday 11/22/19. Box weighed 102 lbs. The bike was shipped from Las Vegas and arrived in WA State. All visible on Alibaba. Fat-Hd-Blue.

Thomas, thanks for chimming in. I'm not a tech guy. Just a guy that wanted a new EBike that works and no major issues. I would have fixed all minor issues myself. The bike was sent to me programmed for a 52V battery. They should have tested bike before sending. When I charge my battery and charger turns from red (charging) to green(finished charging) the battery says 84 %. I've tested battery with volt meter and my battery is at 54 volts. That would be 100%. You cannot use display to change settings from 52V to 48V. That would wonderful if that was the case. I know there are other folks out there with this issue. I've seen it on this forum. No mention of fix yet.
BTN wants me to reprogram bike myself. I don't feel comfortable doing that myself.
BTN has also said that if I use a 52V battery everything will be fine because the bike was set up for 52V battery. I'm not sure if that will work. A new 52V battery is $500-$600. dollars.
Has anyone out there swapped to a 52V battery and this took care of issue?
Thanks.
Again, something else is wrong. The incidents you are reading are the opposite of your issue. Bafang came out with changed firmware were a 52v battery gave riders overvolt error 07.
I offered to help, but need more information. See me previous post.

52V battery won’t solve anything. That makes zero sense. When you say “the battery says 84%.” How or where are you getting that?

programming is no big deal, and often improvements can be made. But again the issue seen everywhere else is the controller preventing the bike from running with a 52v battery.

Thomas Jaszewski

Again you write, “know my bike works with 48V. But the issue is I go 5 miles to work and display shows 50%, I go 5 miles home and it shows 25%, I go another 5 miles and I'm down to 10% running on econo mode. That's a problem for a brand new bike.”

but what are the corresponding voltage readings using your multimeter? Displays do have selections for battery voltage, I should have said some do. A display reading is not always reliable. So let me help here. Which display? What is multimeter reading when the display shows 50%, and 25%?

take a moment and point me to the other threads?