BAFANG m620 click

bike clicks when pedaling. Sounds bottom bracket-y. Greased/tightened everything I could get to:

seat post, front axle, headset, stem, handlebar mount, cranks, pedals, etc

Is this something inside the BAFANG m620 motor?

Clicks only when pedaling under pressure.

Watched all the youtubes, read the entire interweb about all the parts that need greased, tightened etc.

Wald

I also noticed a clicking/ ticking noise when pedaling with more pressure lately. But i also could not locate where it's coming from.
My suggestion would be the clutch, maybe!?

Tausan

I have the same problem. It's definitely coming from the motor. It happens after I ride around 12-15 miles at high speed (28-30mph). The motor was replaced by Bafang but same problem with new motor.

TomD

It's a long shot but there are different length crank bolts for standard vs. fat tire cranks. Watt Wagons sent me some Miranda cranks with lower Q factor and weren't sure if I needed standard or fat tire cranks so they sent both. I didn't realize the bolts they sent were for fat tire cranks so I naively used them with the standard cranks. They won't push the cranks in far enough even though the bolt is tight so you will get some clicking as the crank wobbles no matter how tight you screw them. I eventually realized this and my problems went away when I reverted to the original crank bolts that came with my motor.

AHicks

It's a long shot but there are different length crank bolts for standard vs. fat tire cranks. Watt Wagons sent me some Miranda cranks with lower Q factor and weren't sure if I needed standard or fat tire cranks so they sent both. I didn't realize the bolts they sent were for fat tire cranks so I naively used them with the standard cranks. They won't push the cranks in far enough even though the bolt is tight so you will get some clicking as the crank wobbles no matter how tight you screw them. I eventually realized this and my problems went away when I reverted to the original crank bolts that came with my motor.
So you are saying the bolts they sent were too long, bottoming out prior to pulling the arm on completely?

AHicks

That thought in mind, or the thought of the crank arms being slightly loose and causing that click, I checked the ones on my bike. It's made a clicking sound that seems to come and go. One that would be irritating if it becomes worse/regular. Neither bolt was "loose" but I was able to tighten them - something that had completely slipped my mind during a pretty thorough prep after coming out of the box.

Wald

That thought in mind, or the thought of the crank arms being slightly loose and causing that click, I checked the ones on my bike. It's made a clicking sound that seems to come and go. One that would be irritating if it becomes worse/regular. Neither bolt was "loose" but I was able to tighten them - something that had completely slipped my mind during a pretty thorough prep after coming out of the box.
I checked the tension on my crank arms yesterday, and they where a bit loose/ not as tight as they should be.
After torquing them to 35Nm the clicking noise was gone. Let's see for how long...