BAFANG motor issue

Robequain

Hi, wanted to share some news.
I ordered and received a throttle and it is working perfectly fine. Only issue is that it is outlaw in NYC. I will as soon as possible try to fix the issue with the PAS. But at least, I can use it at my own risk.

What is strange : I started riding with the throttle, and after a while, I felt that the PAS was working fine again. But it did not last a long time. Most of the time, it is not working, but from time to time, the PAS feature is coming back. For 30 seconds, less then a minute. It did like this 10 times. It should be a bad or damage connection somewhere...

I aslo bought a multimeter (thanks Thomas for this advice) and will learn how to use it.

Thank you very much for your support, it has been very helpful.

Thomas Jaszewski

Hi Thomas, sorry for my late reply. I will call you this afternoon.
Yes, display + correct throttle and new harness is interesting for testing.
After the test, I could ship the motor to your shop, but I am wondering about the total cost back and forth shipment and if it worth it?
What will be the cost, according to you ? The other solution is to buy a new motor if the issue is not fixed with the throttle.

Is it legal to ride a bike with a throttle? I am not so sure in NYC, so it is good for the testing but I will have to benefit from the Pedal assist sensor on a long terme perspective... I like it better than using the throttle I think.

I will call you in order to pay and share my mail address.
Never saw a call email tom.californiaebike(AT)gmail.com

Pharroh

Sorry for the flu!
Today I have no error code on the display, but I had once the 21 for speed sensor issue. Was easy to fix.
I will be in touch with Sleekrides and will let you know.
Where are you located at I am in queens and know quite a bit about the BBS02B and BBSHD add on kits I build my own and NO i am not a bike shop just someone that likes Ebike kits Mid Drive prefer because I have owned both and NOW only have BBSHD/BBS02B/Ultra drives here are my bikes I change the programming all the time when I need them to do things a little different than the default settings allow and Yes both of mine have Throttles

Attachments