Battery Failure\Power Loss Neo Cross 2014

Hulaj

Emotion Neo Cross 2014 with 12Amp battery. Have had this bike since April 2014. Absolutely love riding it when I am not out bike-touring on a non e-bike. The biggest problem I have had to date is the seat post clamp failing from consistent readjusting to allow people to test ride the bike! (of course they all love it, instant happiness)
6 months ago my power display shut off during a ride along with power. I was able to plug battery in a recharge with no problems and chalked it up to anomaly. Fast forward to today and 5 miles into my ride with a fully charged battery, the display cuts off and no power. I am unable to reseat the battery etc. to make it come back to life. Additionally when I plug into charger the green light blinks as if it doesn't recognize the battery is attached to it. I am sure I am outside any warranty period and no local dealers in the area. Any thoughts on how to jump start my battery back to Life???
Thank you!!

vincent

i dont know much about these bike batteries and sure someone more experienced will chime in
but that sounds more like a loose wire to the bms or something like that

somewhere on this site a guy had a laptop repair guy fix a wire in his battery pack

please keep us up to date on how you solve this

Hulaj

Thanks Vincent, I'm going to be out of the country for a couple months so I'll have to investigate further when I get back, but I will definitely update this forum once I have a solution. Hopefully the solution does not involve buying a new $700 battery! Yikes!!

Hulaj

Oddly enough, after trying multiple times to plug in my battery to get it to charge I gave up and went out to dinner. I came back a few hours later plugged in my battery and charged right up and everything is working fine! Perhaps something lose or maybe one of the contacts was dirty??

vincent

that is great, hope it was just a fluke and you have no more problems!

for future battery replacements i am hoping to be able to drive over to luna and have them replace packs inside my cases...
i am close to southern cali so this is feasible

hopefully will be a few years before i have to do that

keep us up to date on how the bike is doing