Battery voltages.

Feliz

For a 48 volt battery what does 20% and 80% equate to in volts? Thanks.
I don't think it's simple math which I can do.

SirJonathan

Feliz - this is from Juiced's FAQ on their website:

What is the voltage value for 20% and 80% on my battery pack?
For 48V 20% is about 42V and 80% is about 51V
For 52V 20% is about 45V and 80% is bout 55V

AguassissiM

@Feliz

1545991790982.png

Feliz

Thanks, I looked everywhere for that but couldn't find it, I've seen it all kinds of times but never saved it. Thank you.

MarkF

That chart is wrong. This is a correct chart for lipo percentage. A 48 volt battery is a 13s and 52 volt is a 14s. This chart was put out by a lipo manufacturer and not an ebike company. Stay in the white zone for best performance.
1546369834399.png

bikerjohn

Mark, you seem absolutely confident that your chart is accurate for the boat and plane model batteries you sell. You are also adamant that the chart published by Juiced is highly inaccurate for the purpose of understanding battery voltage at various percentages. I don't fully understand the significance of (s)tack numbers, except that a greater number equates to more cells in series and a higher voltage battery. I would like to see the mathematical equation used in arriving at the voltages listed in the chart you've been blogging.

With the understanding that partial charge and discharge cycles of Li-ion battery packs remain the best use for longevity, my only iron in the fire is the investment I have in my Juiced bike battery. There remains a desire to utilize best, as much of the power in the pack, without undue stress on the cells. I need accurate information that is usable in my specific application (a 14s battery which s 52 volts with 19.2Amp hours). Specifically, I want to know what is the real voltage of the battery pack at 20% capacity.

Last edited:

bikerjohn

Feliz - this is from Juiced's FAQ on their website:

What is the voltage value for 20% and 80% on my battery pack?
For 48V 20% is about 42V and 80% is about 51V
For 52V 20% is about 45V and 80% is bout 55V
This is the information I have been going by -with regard to best utilization of my CCX battery. I am alarmed and confused by the chart posted by Mark, and his adamant assertion that his graph shows more accurate capacity voltages. I have been looking for clarification of the different values and a mathematical equation for arriving at those values. All chart information offered needs to be verifiable or assertions of a chart's accuracy (or inaccuracy) is just a bunch of rhetoric.