BBS*** Settings for a Smoother Ride

Haystacks

...a quick update as I changed my throttle from a full twist to a half twist and I noticed that in the first few millimeters of rotation there was no motor response. Changing the Start Voltage on page three from 11 to 9 corrected the issue. A setting of 8 caused an 04 Throttle Error.

View attachment 72934 View attachment 72935
ohh and I almost forgot... this post is dedicated to my good friend.
# @Stefan Mikes #throttle #Bafang #BBS02B #🙃
You forgot #FatTyres maybe #BBSXX too.

You know what it is though don't you? Some people pay a lot for s*it, ubiquitous, bland rides. They don't like the people who throw caution to the wind and create truly custom rides that are made for their needs. I have wondered who the plants are, the ones who dont declare that infact they are from the marketing dept of specialized, trek, R+M or whatever, cos this place feels more like a bike mall than a community sometimes, hence the hate. I'd be pissed too though if i paid silly money at a shop and had some punk on a BBSHD cruising past me having a great old time testing his latest configuration on his motor.

For some reason i have an Oscar Wilde quote rattling around

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”

I think Custom ebikes are a powerful educational tool, how much have you had to learn? How many new skills have you gained? How are your (e)bike mechanical procedures now?

There are people who owe their livings from that curiosity and creativity on this very site and they are revered, but as a pleb, if you stray from the mainstream you are looked down upon, curious.

Punk, as if.

#BBSHD #FATBIKE #PUNKASFUCK

Gionnirocket

It is the derailleur to help with easy ride starts. Cadence over 70 helps with bad knees. A bike that is 53 lbs or so helps, too.
Yes I am aware but on bad days even starting in the lowest gear on a decline in terrain can be painful. And if I aggravate it from the start, it tends to get worse as the day continues. Years of working on construction projects has taken its toll. For the most part I ride in the lower half of my seven speeds but at a certain cadence I find it more comfortable to shift up. I haven't weighed my bike but given the purchase weight and the changes I've made I guesstimate it at about 57lbs

Gionnirocket

You forgot #FatTyres maybe #BBSXX too.

You know what it is though don't you? Some people pay a lot for s*it, ubiquitous, bland rides. They don't like the people who throw caution to the wind and create truly custom rides that are made for their needs. I have wondered who the plants are, the ones who dont declare that infact they are from the marketing dept of specialized, trek, R+M or whatever, cos this place feels more like a bike mall than a community sometimes, hence the hate. I'd be pissed too though if i paid silly money at a shop and had some punk on a BBSHD cruising past me having a great old time testing his latest configuration on his motor.

For some reason i have an Oscar Wilde quote rattling around

I think Custom ebikes are a powerful educational tool, how much have you had to learn? How many new skills have you gained? How are your (e)bike mechanical procedures now?

There are people who owe their livings from that curiosity and creativity on this very site and they are revered, but as a pleb, if you stray from the mainstream you are looked down upon, curious.

Punk, as if.

#BBSHD #FATBIKE #PUNKASFUCK
I agree there is a certain snobbery around here that I find ridiculous. I understand not all are inclined and/or capable to work on their own bike, but don't sit there and tell me that you are doing things better than me because you paid a ton of money, only deal with the best LBS... yet don't have the skill set to turn a screwdriver.
Thing is... I haven't seen an ebike that isn't within my means financially. But I made a conscious choice to breathe new life into my ol' beater as I've always enjoyed riding her and I've always gained greater satisfaction from creating something than purchasing.

I'll add when I see their butt ugly (in my opinion) bikes... this is the thought with sound mind you that always pops into my head. 😅😅

Last edited: