Best fast, comfortable bike for commuting/touring, under $4000

ant11

Region
USA
Here are some mid drive, step thru, with higher top speed ebikes.

Thanks for the suggestions. I particularly like the Biktrix Juggernaut Classic Duo. The Eunoaru Specter is a little expensive so I was also looking at the Eunorau FAT-HD. All of these bikes also have the options for narrower tires, instead of the 4" ones that come by default.

Do you have any experience with the riding position of any of these bikes? They all seem fairly sporty/mtb-focused which might not match my use case.

Timpo

Thanks for the suggestions. I particularly like the Biktrix Juggernaut Classic Duo. The Eunoaru Specter is a little expensive so I was also looking at the Eunorau FAT-HD. All of these bikes also have the options for narrower tires, instead of the 4" ones that come by default.

Do you have any experience with the riding position of any of these bikes? They all seem fairly sporty/mtb-focused which might not match my use case.
No I do not have experience with those bikes.
You're right, they do look like MTB riding position.

Looking at the pictures, Biktrix does seem have a little bit more comfortable positioning though, similar to RadCity or something.

What about Sondors Cruiser?

JES2020

I'll be using my bike for commuting and touring on both flat and hilly terrain. My budget is $4000.

I'm looking for the following features, in roughly descending order of necessity:
  • Top speed of at least 25 mph
  • Upright seating position
  • Mid-drive motor
  • Throttle up to 20mph
  • Swept-back handlebars
  • Approximately 2.4" tire width
  • Step-through frame

Bikes I'm considering:

RadCity 5 Plus ST $2000
+ Affordable (though they recently raised the price)
+ Local dealers
- Hub motor
- Only 25mph max

Rize City MD $2600
+ Relatively affordable

Sondors Cruiser $3000
+ Powerful
- Heavy
- 3" tires

Dost Drop $3200
+ Powerful
- Straight handlebars

Specialized Turbo Como 3.0 $3250
Also has version 4.0/5.0 for increased price
+ Local dealers
- No throttle
- Doesn't have as much torque as others

Priority Current $3500
+ Powerful
- No throttle
- Straight handlebars

If you could encourage, or discourage, me from choosing one of these bikes, or if you could recommend something I haven't considered, that would be extremely helpful. Thank you.
Those are pretty well known lists of bikes so customer support should be at least available.

An the other hand , if you have average mechanical tendencies, you can pick a kit with the exact parameters you want and not waste money on "extra features" in pre-builts.
Plus and this is a BIG plus, you can get everything you want for well under $1000 with a geared hub motor but considerably more cash AND complexity with a mid-drive.
You can use the 2-4 k savings to get a nicer suspended frame, all the add on you would want AND an insurance policy against theft !
Dont forget the feeling of accomplishment when you build your own!

Achterbahn

Region
USA
City
Bay Area, CA
Not weighing in on your choice itself, but just wanted to add that if you're a Costco member you can likely get the Current for cheaper. Regarding the upright position, the adjustable stem helps a lot + buying a new handlebar with more rise is fairly cheap and easy to swap out.