Bonjour guys...

luc leblanc

Hello,

I'm looking for an electric bike since a few months now. Love this site. Lot of information, good evaluations and a full of passionate people. Thinking to commute a few days/week for the pleasure and for the opportunity to be in shape a little bit more. Home to job = 26 km / 16 miles. For me, this distance, twice a day, a few days a week is a good challenge. So the electric bike is a good solution.

Voilà.
Luc

Ann M.

Bonjour @luc leblanc! Welcome to EBR. There are a lot of bikes that can do more than 30 mile round trips on one charge depending upon the terrain. Would you tell us a little more about the type and quality of roads or trails you plan to use and if it's hilly or flat. We could offer more help that way.

luc leblanc

Hello,
I used a dedicated bicycle path for 50% of the road. On a slight uphill portion. The other 50% is in city (Montréal) with important downhill. The path pass around the Mount-Royal.

I try a FELT and a SPECIALIZED, one week each. So I mesured the time and experiment everything around changing clothe, shower, etc.

I like the "energy control" on the FELT with 4 levels. The display is alos easy to read.
It's not the case with the SPECIALIZED I use. And the energy control is less intuitive. The day one I ran out of battery on my way back because the bike was in full mode that drain the battery (no recharge in the middle ot the day).

I read about the stromer. It's look to be a good bike (but a heavy one). I didn't have the opportunity to test it. I also read about the CUBE.
There's a lot of bike. Of course, I'll choose one with dealers and services available in Montréal.

I actually use the public transportation to go to the job. It's around 60 minutes, door to door.
In bike, is around 1h20 (I'm not really fast). Average speed 18-22 km/h.
With the electric bike, I make the distance in 65-70 minutes. Average 26-30km/h most of the time, except in Montréal (cars, bus, trafic light, etc.).

So I think I'm ready to switch :)
Regards,
Luc