Ein umfangreiches Software-Update macht aus dem Bosch Performance Line CX Gen4 für 2021 einen E-MTB Antrieb mit mehr Drehmoment und neuen Features...
[MODERATOR NINJA EDIT - Thanks for the post @webcurl] Hi guys! This is Court, I'm hijacking the first comment to add some research I did and press materials that Bosch sent. North America had a different press embargo from Europe. Basically, there's a free software update "this summer 2020" for 4th generation ebike motors from Bosch (Performance Line CX and Speed, Cargo Line and Cargo Line Speed). Which adds power when starting, increases peak torque from 75nm to 85nm, and refines eMTB mode to extend power "Extended Boost"... for those moments when you're between downward pedal strokes. Kiox will also be updated to sync with navigation on smartphones, showing your route. The updates are free from Bosch, but shops may charge a fee to perform them... they should take under 30 minutes to do. The update should make hitting and maintaining 28mph easier for both speed motors.
Ongoing, Bosch will offer these 7 drive units:
- Active Line
- Active Line Plus
- Performance Line
- Performance Line CX
- Performance Line Speed
- Cargo Line
- Cargo Line Speed
- None of the ongoing drive units will use the reduction gearing system... this means that you get smooth decoupling and no motor drag (as we saw with Gen 2 Bosch drive units). It also makes swapping chainring sizes and types much easier compared to the older proprietary chainrings.
- Generation 4 Performance Line motors (Speed, CX, Cargo, Cargo Speed) will utilize standard ISIS splined spindles vs. the BNI (Bosch Narrow ISIS) that Gen 3 used.
- Bosch will continue to offer the following ebike batteries:
- Bosch PowerTube 400, 500, 625 (vertical and horizontal)
- Bosch PowerPack 400, 500 (downtube and rear rack type)
- Bosch will continue to offer the following displays: Purion, Intuvia, Kiox, Nyon (Much larger and easier to read than Kiox for navigation).
- For Europeans, there's a new version of Nyon which is visually different, has a touch interface, and is more water and dust resistant.
- Performance Line motors will continue to offer 120+ RPM motor support (meaning the chainring will rotate fast enough to support 120+ pedal strokes per minute without dropping power).
- I was told that Gen 4 motors will continue to work just fine without this optional software update and that users can choose Sport or eMTB mode.
Last edited by a moderator: