How do you have the Gen 4 update if it hasn't been released yet?I now have the latest Gen4 update on my R&M Delite courtesy of my LBS. While I was happy with the original Gen4 motor the new update is a noticeable improvement. Not quite a Tesla upgrade that enables you to summon your car from the carpark but really good that Bosch supports their products in this way.
I assume as this upgrade has made it to Australia it should be generally available soon. Check with your LBS and book in for an upgrade.
I will try and report what impact the upgrade has on battery range once I have enough data.
Hi Steve.Received the update as well, still getting a feel for the "improvement." I noticed the "start gear" feature no longer sticks after turning off the bike. It defaults to 9 (rohloff) which is a bit too hard for my taste, anyone else having this issue?
The following steps helped me to 'force' the update:
Some pictures of the process (apologies for the Dutch language )
- Detach the Kiox from bicycle and connect it to a micro-USB charger.
- While near your Kiox, open the eBikeConnect app and sign-out and log-in again.
- A new item appears in the 'feed' mentioning there is an update available for your Kiox.
- Now turn off your Kiox by long-pressing the power button. It will power on again immediately after it was turned off. This is because the Kiox is connected to the USB charger.
- If all goes well you should now be able to see that the update is being transferred from your phone to the Kiox device.
- As soon as the transfer is completed you should restart the Kiox again by turning it off/on again. Once the Kiox is powered on again it will ask you if you want to install the update. I did this last step with Kiox connected to my bike again.
"There is a new software update available for your Kiox"
"Transferring software update"
"Updating the software"