Bosch wants to power your next $1500 bike

Chris Nolte

I had been hearing about this and it's very exciting from my perspective. As a shop we put a lot of focus on Bosch due to their reliability and overall quality as a brand. It will be nice to offer a sub 2k bike that doesn't have consistent motor system issues.

We've tried, but my tolerance for issues is pretty low at this point. I think the market is at a point now where we shouldn't be beta testing for the OE's. Many lower tier brands think this is okay, I do not!

Chris Nolte

No official news until the shows start later in the summer. I would have to imagine Kalkhoff and Moustache will have at least one model. There are a couple of companies in the states that are considering it. Keep in mind it won't be as powerful, but we are excited none the less.

JayVee

The Bosch lineup has become somewhat confusing. You have the Active Line Plus for the lower end of the segment, and then the Active Cruise which no longer sports the smaller front sprocket. Two examples below.

Roadster touring: Bosch Active Cruise, 400 Wh, 10-speed Shimano Deore, 2.959,00 €.

Roadster city: Bosch Active Cruise, 400 Wh, 8-speed Shimano Nexus, free-running,
3.059,00 €.

1.jpg

2.jpg