Bought an Ebike from a "Popular Wisconsin Dealer"

bob armani

Quick update, my rep reached out to me since I left a message asking for a callback on Wednesday, and I told my sales rep about my interaction with the guy on the phone. She said "its probably either this person or this other person. Both of them are pretty bad on the phones. I'll tell my manager, but I'm not technically working today so I wont have any update until later this weekend."

A few people said it was silly to assume they "assemble it, test it, then ship it" like I was told initially, so I asked again today in no uncertain terms, and was told in these exact words: "We take it out of the box, set it up, make sure everything is adjusted and working properly, and then ship it out in either the same box with additional padding, or a different one if the original one was damaged in transit to us. This is done for every Haibike that gets sent to us from their Ohio distribution center."

My rep said they would look into what happened with my bike, and if the proper steps were followed. Not sure if anything is really possible at this point if they weren't, though.
Hello- I am quite curious what the outcome was to this mess with CL. I did not see any other posts after the fact. Hope it all works out for you!

pxpaulx

"I guess that I have been very fortunate so far. Have purchased 3 e-bikes from CL's, and have always been treated with full respect (have worked over the phone with Lenny, the lady in sales, and John via email). All bikes arrived in perfect cosmetic and working order, and I have yet to have problems with any of them."

I concur. 3 bikes purchased from CL and no issues to report. All 3 running as expected after purchase. They were great to work with and delivered as promised.
Cheers! Hope the OP gets his issues straightened out!:)
6 bikes from them over here! I like their model - a LOT more than the local ebike place in Minneapolis, whose mechanic I discovered was learning how to fix things via youtube (this was at least 6-7 years ago). I figured if that was what I'd paid for, I'll just do it myself. now that ebikes are becoming significantly more common-place, even if you do buy local the dealers are learning the electric components too. I have noted that the discounts (demos and crazy deals) have become lower % than they used to be, but that is likely due to current demand as well - for any name branded bike, you'll simply be paying more for some perceived peace of mind.

bob armani

6 bikes from them over here! I like their model - a LOT more than the local ebike place in Minneapolis, whose mechanic I discovered was learning how to fix things via youtube (this was at least 6-7 years ago). I figured if that was what I'd paid for, I'll just do it myself. now that ebikes are becoming significantly more common-place, even if you do buy local the dealers are learning the electric components too. I have noted that the discounts (demos and crazy deals) have become lower % than they used to be, but that is likely due to current demand as well - for any name branded bike, you'll simply be paying more for some perceived peace of mind.
"6 bikes"- I remember seeing a picture with you and Lenny standing side by side with one of your 6 purchases. Glad to see another satisfied customer indeed moving forward! Great for his business model.