Budget ebikes <$1000

rdowns

I have been kicking around the idea of having one of these around for company. If anyone can ever come and visit again! Hard to beat the price and if it is only used sometimes then it should last a while. I live up a steep hill, I wonder if they have enough juice to climb it.

Timpo

I have been kicking around the idea of having one of these around for company. If anyone can ever come and visit again! Hard to beat the price and if it is only used sometimes then it should last a while. I live up a steep hill, I wonder if they have enough juice to climb it.
Which one? The Walmart one?

Timpo

I'd rather buy from Wally than Ali. :)
Although I have never had any problem with AliExpress' service, I kind of agree.
I'd recommend Walmart.

Not many ebike companies can beat Walmart's return policy.
Just by reading reviews here on EBR, I know so many people buy ebikes online, get stranded with their broken bike and that seems pretty common with internet bikes.

Whereas Hyper, you won't have to worry about it... because Walmart.

BigNerd

The GenZe for $780 from Crazy Lenny seems like a good deal except GenZe has exited the business.

Dewey

The GenZe for $780 from Crazy Lenny seems like a good deal except GenZe has exited the business.
It is a good deal, Lenny’s Genze’s are not the refurbished 1st gen 100 series bikes Genze sold at a discount through their website, but the 2nd gen 200 series bikes Genze supplied to Helbiz Bikeshare in Washington DC and other cities, the Sturmey Archer front drum brake makes it an all weather commuter, and I found the Microshift shifters worked well.

Last edited:

BigNerd

$799 Macwheel Cruiser on Amazon:

Timpo

$799 Macwheel Cruiser on Amazon:

great find :D