CCX log after 2 years & 15,000+ miles & melted connectors today.

Ebiker01

especially with someone who wants a torque sensor.
I think that Aventon\Rad/Surface or Magnum they have a much better quality and also customer service .
A few of those brands got investments of $20 million plus so now there will be a real competition amongst the budget ebikes !

john peck

ohh okay.

You said it's a parts bike, so I was wondering what would take to get your bike running again.
The spokes of the 1st run CCS were all inserted from the same side instead of alternating. With every
bump they beat against each other & wore out the spoke bores making the wheel worthless. It started with
popping one spoke, then 2, & finally popping 3 spokes at a time. I warned Tora, & subsequent CCS´s
had properly laced spokes, but getting any personal satisfaction outa Tora did not happen. I purchased
a wheel kit that plugged right in with proper stronger spokes which is still good today, but it became
impossible to keep the ´asymetrical stays´ aligned. the wheel began drifting further & further to one side
until the bike simply became unrideable. This distortion of the frame I believe began with all the popped
spokes from the 1st wheel. I basically had to replace virtually every one over time. That frame is toast.
Juiced refused to give me so much as a discount on replacing the 1st whl. The kit wheel cost half of
what they were asking & is a far better whl with 12g spokes. I paid $2700 for the CCS + 21ah bat.
The bike I´m on now cost $1200 & is stronger & better engineered. The CCS was 4 mph faster,
but couldn´t begin to climb as well as this one.

Last edited:

Timpo

The spokes of the 1st run CCS were all inserted from the same side instead of alternating. With every
bump they beat against each other & wore out the spoke bores making the wheel worthless. It started with
popping one spoke, then 2, & finally popping 3 spokes at a time. I warned Tora, & subsequent CCS´s
had properly laced spokes, but getting any personal satisfaction outa Tora did not happen. I purchased
a wheel kit that plugged right in with proper stronger spokes which is still good today, but it became
impossible to keep the ´asymetrical stays´ aligned. the wheel began drifting further & further to one side
until the bike simply became unrideable. This distortion of the frame I believe began with all the popped
spokes from the 1st wheel. I basically had to replace virtually every one over time. That frame is toast.
Juiced refused to give me so much as a discount on replacing the 1st whl. The kit wheel cost half of
what they were asking & is a far better whl with 12g spokes. I paid $2700 for the CCS + 21ah bat.
The bike I´m on now cost $1200 & is stronger & better engineered. The CCS was 4 mph faster,
but couldn´t begin to climb as well as this one.
Ohh okay,

Yeah every part of my Juiced has been replaced, except the motor, frame, stem and handlebar. So I feel like I'm well qualified to talk about salvaging Juiced.
When I said motor, I had to re-lace the wheel. I'll be replacing the motor soon because it's starting to make a weird noise. I could rebuild it but would rather upgrade for better one.
I relaced with 14g spokes, someone said that 13g is not a good choice because it doesn't have enough "flex", so I got the DT Swiss 14g spokes and it's definitely holding up better than Juiced's stock 13g (which I believe is Sapim?)

However, I'm still on original frame, if your frame is toast, I guess you're in worse shape.

john peck

Which cheap ebike are you referring to?
Kudos on getting 15k out of your juiced,😉. You must have the patience of Job. I´m riding an NCM moscow,
Basically an electrified 80´s mtn bike, rugged, no frills with a German motor. NCM names all it´s bikes after
cities. The fat version is called the aspen. The plus versions have 3 more Ah(16ah), hydraulics, & a 32/11 8spd.
They´re worth the extra $300, but I´m happy with what I have. It´s a German co., with a Chinese frame, &
Japanese components,(12g spokes). The motor has tempered metal gears instead of plastic. They whine some until broken-in, but the motor just gets stronger. As far as the juiced asymmetric stays are concerned, my old
Univega had them, & similar issues that are compounded by electric power. I get better range out of the 13ah
than I ever got with the 21ah juiced.

Last edited:

john peck

Ohh okay,

Yeah every part of my Juiced has been replaced, except the motor, frame, stem and handlebar. So I feel like I'm well qualified to talk about salvaging Juiced.
When I said motor, I had to re-lace the wheel. I'll be replacing the motor soon because it's starting to make a weird noise. I could rebuild it but would rather upgrade for better one.

I had to relace mine too, but it didn´t help for long. Then again Iḿ probably considerably heavier than you.

Inujosha

Region
USA
Kudos on getting 15k out of your juiced,😉. You must have the patience of Job. I´m riding an NCM moscow,
Basically an electrified 80´s mtn bike, rugged, no frills with a German motor. NCM names all it´s bikes after
cities. The fat version is called the aspen. The plus versions have 3 more Ah(16ah), hydraulics, & a 32/11 8spd.
They´re worth the extra $300, but I´m happy with what I have. It´s a German co., with a Chinese frame, &
Japanese components,(12g spokes). The motor has tempered metal gears instead of plastic. They whine some until broken-in, but the motor just gets stronger. As far as the juiced asymmetric stays are concerned, my old
Univega had them, & similar issues that are compounded by electric power. I get better range out of the 13ah
than I ever got with the 21ah juiced.
What do you think of the ncm Moscow plus ???

I was looking at it looks pretty good.

Would that be a good 1st e bike??

john peck

What do you think of the ncm Moscow plus ???

I was looking at it looks pretty good.

Would that be a good 1st e bike??
That depends, price wise it´s a great choice*, but the buyer should have some basic mechanical knowledge.
That really goes for any 1st ebike I think. The moscow is rugged & fairly forgiving of newbee mistakes. It
definitely has plenty of power, climbs like a goat. Not really a bike for shredding downhill, but a good choice
for general use. The + is a better choice for the novice since it is a bit easier to maintain than the regular
moscow, *$1079 now from Seattle. That makes it a better choice than potentially damaging a $5k bike with
a novice mistake. The Rad mission is a good newbee bike in that it´s simpler design make maintenance easier.
I won´t lie; I´ve had some hassles, but mostly a result of my own mistakes. The bike survived & still performs
like a champ in spite of my goofs. Gotta read the manual very carefully.

Last edited:

Inujosha

Region
USA
The bike looks quite nice. Have you heard anything from other any Moscow plus owners how good it is??