Changing a flat tire on Como 4.0

Louis1

I'm new to this forum and ebikes. I've had my Specialized Como 4.0 for 2 months and absolutely love it. Just hit the 500 mile mark. Two questions.

1. Is there a video or resource that can show me how to change a flat tire on the Como? What tools would I need.?
2. When riding, I hear a "creaking " sound coming from the front of the bike. I can't seem to isolate where it is coming from. It is not the fender rubbing. It's definitely from the front end though. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Louis

Saratoga Dave

The Como being a mid drive, there is no actual difference in changing a tire from any other bike. There are many, many videos all over YouTube on the various maintenance themes. A little searching will provide you more entertainment hours than you can stand! Seth’s Bike Hacks and GCN have a lot of content, but it’s everywhere.

Not specifically a How To on tire changes, but Chris Horner posted a pretty solid video just yesterday about what to carry when riding:

I tried like hell to get my wife to buy a Cuomo this Spring,but she’s intimidated by the weight. I think they’re great bikes.

bikeman242

Suggest practicing changing the tire at home.

You don't want to be caught in the rain at sunset and get a flat, then figure it out for the first time!!

Eband

Two of us riding, had our first flat @ 6 miles down the trail. I was able to ride back to car and trail was fairly close to a roadway for access liuckily.

COMO 3.0 = Nimbus II Sport Reflect, 60 TPI, 650b x 2.3"

At home, after removing wheel I had a difficult time 'breaking the bead' - the tires are very hard on outside with very soft sidewalls and a very strong bead retainer.

I returned to the Forum, Utube, etc for advice before forcing bead off carefully with a rounded metal bead pry '.

Now carry a Tube, Pump, at least 4 plastic mini bike pryers' and a couple of Bondo spreader type wedges for the bead release. Thankfully haven't had to try 'in the field' , yet...

have fun

Attachments

• MINNW WS.jpg
    MINNW WS.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 29

antboy

2. When riding, I hear a "creaking " sound coming from the front of the bike. I can't seem to isolate where it is coming from. It is not the fender rubbing. It's definitely from the front end though. Any thoughts?
I can't say for sure, but one thing to check is to make sure your headset is properly tightened.

When stopped, squeeze your front brake and rock the bike forward and backward. If there's any play in your forks then it might be loose.