Cheers from Bennington, Nebraska

mutualmick

Region
USA
Hello! I'll post pictures of my story. I ride a bike that hasn't been reviewed here that I know of. In my younger days I rode a Schwinn Continental circa 1975 but work, kids, house and other interests pulled me away from riding until ten years ago at the age of 60. I hopped back on that Schwinn and realized that technology had improved quite a bit since my earlier experience so I made the decision to buy a ne Trek Compact Hybrid 1.2. It was so light weight I was addicted and was riding 150-200 miles a month right away. Soon I needed a bike with some suspension and wider tires so I could ride gravel so I bought a Trek Gary Fischer DS 8.3 and started riding converted rail trails. I bought my wife an iZip ePath e-bike so she could ride a keep up with me and found after a while I couldn't keep up with her. I initially bought into a Kickstarter electric conversion kit from China. E-bikes were not very popular and it was hard to find a low cost conversion kit but I did it using my Trek DS 8.3 and for about a year I rode my converted front wheel drive e-bike conversion until I knew it wasn't going to do what I wanted it to do for me. So last year I made the jump to a Trek Domane+ HP which is a beast of a bike and has me back riding 150-200 miles a month again at age 70. My wife and I go on some adventure rides and we take our pup with us frequently. I love EBR but wish they didn't always focus on commuter and MTB bikes. Trek has some great e-bike offerings for the road rider.

20201023_102221.jpg
Mick Bikes.jpg
20200802_085819.jpg
20200804_145433.jpg
20200814_115220.jpg
DSC02135.JPG
DSC02138.JPG
DSC02139.JPG
20200925_102529.jpg
DSC02156.JPG
20201105_104741.jpg
20201106_121948.jpg
IMG_20201106_170453_307.jpg

indianajo

Welcome to the site.
Handsome couple, nifty dog, nice bikes.
Glad road posture has worked for you. It is certainly faster & more efficient than sitting upright. Mother popped a neck disk sitting wrong @ work & was in pain every second 13 years until the end. So looking just like her, I have been afraid to flex my neck that much. Wind sure slows me down, but the cruiser posture is back after 40 years out of fashion.

reed scott

Welcome to the site.
Handsome couple, nifty dog, nice bikes.
Glad road posture has worked for you. It is certainly faster & more efficient than sitting upright. Mother popped a neck disk sitting wrong @ work & was in pain every second 13 years until the end. So looking just like her, I have been afraid to flex my neck that much. Wind sure slows me down, but the cruiser posture is back after 40 years out of fashion.
I resemble that remark. No use fighting it. 😶

EDIT: Prolly should have Said 'little' use fighting it. At this age I'm fighting everything really.

Last edited: