Class sticker?

goducks21

Region
USA
For you 604 Shred owners, is there a class sticker on the bike? I've only seen pics and videos of them and have never seen the class 3 sticker anywhere on it.

PedalUma

Region
USA
City
Petaluma, CA
1633981900975.png

Just buy some, peal and stick. They are not brand or model specific. I like how this guy put an extra zip tie on his handle bar as a fashion statement.

darksky

Region
USA
Someone please educate me as to why one would want or need to put a "class" sticker on their ebike.

rich c

Someone please educate me as to why one would want or need to put a "class" sticker on their ebike.

Timpo

For you 604 Shred owners, is there a class sticker on the bike? I've only seen pics and videos of them and have never seen the class 3 sticker anywhere on it.

goducks21

Region
USA
Some of the rails to trails we're interested in riding are class 1 only. Not owning an ebike yet I'm just wondering how this rule is enforced? If the bike has no sticker is it just the word of the bike rider vs the person asking?

rich c

Some of the rails to trails we're interested in riding are class 1 only. Not owning an ebike yet I'm just wondering how this rule is enforced? If the bike has no sticker is it just the word of the bike rider vs the person asking?
Enforcement has been a huge source of discussion. Ever seen a cop on any trail? How about a park ranger? Ever seen an inspector at a trail head? All of that is extremely rare RIGHT NOW. This it will become a more serious matter in the future. With riders using throttle only, riding at 30+mph on multi-use trails, and increases in accidents, it's my opinion this will be a strong issue in many jurisdictions. I've had 2 close calls on our Greenway Trail with high speed ebike "scooters" riding dangerously and too fast. First was on a blind curve with two scooters filling up the trail, and second was a guy coming up through the ditch onto the trail at speed without looking. Enforcement will happen.

goducks21

Region
USA
Enforcement has been a huge source of discussion. Ever seen a cop on any trail? How about a park ranger? Ever seen an inspector at a trail head? All of that is extremely rare RIGHT NOW. This it will become a more serious matter in the future. With riders using throttle only, riding at 30+mph on multi-use trails, and increases in accidents, it's my opinion this will be a strong issue in many jurisdictions. I've had 2 close calls on our Greenway Trail with high speed ebike "scooters" riding dangerously and too fast. First was on a blind curve with two scooters filling up the trail, and second was a guy coming up through the ditch onto the trail at speed without looking. Enforcement will happen.
Right now according to BLM any trail closed to motorized vehicles is closed to ebikes unless the district manager declares it open. Of course you wouldn't know that unless a sign says ebikes okay. No sign then no go. It sorta sucks living in BLM country where almost every trail is on BLM land. I get the part about no enforcement but eventually like you say it will become harder to sneak an ebike on a trail. Except for large paved trails and public roads we mostly ride our pedal MTB's on BLM trails where motorized vehicle signs exist.