Commuter Bikes

Roger Grissom

Hi, Im looking to purchase a electric bike for riding to work and around town. I'm thinking a Pedego is going to be my choice. Any thoughts or suggestions ? Thanks!

Neil

Lots of factors to consider. How far is you commute to work? Are there steep gradients? How much do you weigh? budget? The speed of the bike is also a factor.

pxpaulx

I'd definitely check out easy motion, and the new haibike sduro line, assuming your budget is under $3k, message @Crazy Lenny Ebikes if you narrow your choice down to a couple of models for a quote (just a happy customer here). Pedego does a lot of advertising and is one of the first brands you'll start seeing when researching, however there are much nicer bikes for not much more money out there.

Ravi Kempaiah

I agree with Ken.
XU 700 is superior in everyway.
3 year warranty, better handling because of mid mounted battery, better drive components, suspension fork, nice saddle...
If there was a choice between pedego and OHM, it's a no-brainer.

D

Deleted member 803

Also check out the A2B Alva+ with a 17A battery. Comes with a full throttle which can be used in conjunction with pedal assist. Heavy but built like a tank. $2799

Gbarb18

I am really considering a similar bike. My choice is narrowed down to the 2016 izip e3 dash and the haibike sduro hard seven. I know they are slightly different bikes, but my main use would be around town. The izip has everything stock that I would need to add the the sduro.

Gbarb18

What are you thinking you'd need to add to the haibike?
I would need to add a rack, fenders and lights to catch up to the dash. And even then it wouldn't be able to hit 28mph like the dash. Plus you can add a boost button (throttle type add-on) for $50.

RealDeal

Consider the Pedego Stretch. Even if you don't need the cargo capabilities. I found that the Pedego Stretch had a great riding position and was very comfortable and stable.

MIchael Bagley

I have an 2015 Haibike XDuro 29 and I get 45-50 miles range in Econ mode, carrying my 270 pounds powered by AARP certified lungs and heart. And I occasionally turn up the power for extended hills in my life long struggle with The Law of Gravity.

MLB

I would need to add a rack, fenders and lights to catch up to the dash. And even then it wouldn't be able to hit 28mph like the dash. Plus you can add a boost button (throttle type add-on) for $50.
You need to compare the bikes in person and ideally riding each. Hai's are awfully impressive in person. It's a noticeable step up from an Izip (both Currie lines).