convince me this bike doesn't exist!

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Brwinów (PL)
an impressive trek for a bike designed for road use !!

…. but an entirely different problem than needing to literally pick the bike up multiple times every day, for example to avoid a very long wait at an elevator at a transit station. it’s wait for the elevator or carry it down (or up!) the equivalent of 6 flights of stairs. even just getting to the secure bike parking at our office involves steps, and no fewer than 6 doors, two of which are barely 4’ apart and adjacent to said steps. we have steps at home to get TO the elevators (pre-war building before people cared about accessibility!) and depending on which direction one takes the train from here, you have to carry the bike up several steep steps. to say nothing of picking it up over curbs 20 times a day and the actual storage both at home and the office, which is HANGING. (yes, my creo lives hung by it’s front wheel with the rear wheel 3 feet off the ground!) finally, our cross street (to and from
which i take my kids to school) has a 20.1% average grade for the adjacent block! one block over, 22.8%.

so, i can be convinced of front/mid/rear drive, drop bars or flat bars, aluminum, steel, titanium, or carbon, derailleur, IGH, or pinion…. but light weight is non-negotiable :D
I fully understand you now. That's precisely why I chose Vado SL as my everyday e-bike!
  • Three flight of stairs in my block of flats
  • Elevators at train stations and by some overpasses
  • Carrying the e-bike over obstacles at easy gravel-cycling trails.
I only don't need to carry a kid on the rear rack seat :) Instead, I carry 1-2 panniers, and a large backpack if I am for grocery shopping.

I can also understand you are a very fit person. I wouldn't be able to make my 78 mi / 5100 ft trip on Vado SL myself... :)

m@Robertson

Region
USA
how come you sold yours?
My days riding up Big Basin Way and along Skyline Blvd, down Old Page Mill Rd and back to Sunnyvale are long gone. I was in fact also a commuter rider back then (in high school in the 1980's) and it is a big stretch for me to do purely recreational riding now (trying to change that now with some pretty remote beach riding but thats another story). I just didn't ride the bike so I sold it on. Nothing wrong with the bike. I took quite a loss selling it in fact, what with those wheels on it and all.

Last edited:

PedalUma

Region
USA
I finished the R18 Dropbar. The owner is in an official capacity and wanted a more grown up looking bike, polished, to take to the office than the ones online or in stores.
1637263240628.jpeg

Dewey

I finished the R18 Dropbar. The owner is in an official capacity and wanted a more grown up looking bike, polished, to take to the office than the ones online or in stores.
I always liked the paint job on Public Bikes, deep lustrous colors.

mclewis1

Region
Canada
City
Fredericton, NB
Really nice. What's the story on the non functional (ok not "shiftable") large chainring? Also who made the rear rack, it's a little different than any brand I think I've seen?

PedalUma

Region
USA
Really nice. What's the story on the non functional (ok not "shiftable") large chainring? Also who made the rear rack, it's a little different than any brand I think I've seen?
Good questions. Normally there would be a matte black chain guard that is 110BCD. I take artistic license and happened to have laying around a single-speed 110BCD 50-T chainring. I popped it on and liked the look with the polished crank arms. These are also normally matte black. The rack is from the manufacturer of the bike, Public Bikes. They are rated for 25Kg and come in a bunch of colors, such a blood red. Most bike racks are as boxy as a K-car. These are curvy. Though not for your situation, for a friend's I am putting on one of these plumber's tool bags. They have 22 pockets and will swallow a 12-pack of beer, a jacket, some tools, and a hardcover book. They also collapse flat, so you can lay a larger object like a suitcase on top of them.
1637287010604.png
1637286482732.png

1637286212066.jpeg
1637286610596.jpeg

PedalUma

Region
USA
This one is single speed with a coaster brake for a person with hand issues. Does it even look electric? Class 3. Get Schwalbe e50 tires like the forth photo.

Attachments

• CremeGlider05.JPG
    CremeGlider05.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 32
  • CremeGlider06.JPG
    CremeGlider06.JPG
    452.1 KB · Views: 29
  • CremeGlider07.JPG
    CremeGlider07.JPG
    616.4 KB · Views: 27
  • PublicV7Brake01.JPG
    PublicV7Brake01.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 29

mclewis1

Region
Canada
City
Fredericton, NB
"look electric?" Well not unless you pull up on the left hand side. ;)
It also needs that tricky faux water bottle nipple you showed on the R18 (that I thought was really cute).

PedalUma

Region
USA
"look electric?" Well not unless you pull up on the left hand side. ;)
It also needs that tricky faux water bottle nipple you showed on the R18 (that I thought was really cute).
All I did was saw off the top of a real water bottle, then use automotive gasket maker to adhere it to the USB dust cover. These don't exist. So, I make them a reality. I like having batteries with USB so I can easily take down the charge when needed, such as for storage or transport. I just run a fan off of them to take them down slowly and safely. I have one bike with a polished coffee cup holder on the HB. It is so much fun to pass someone in spandex while sipping coffee on a bike that does no look electric to most people. At 20 miles once into a morning commute and had to stop to take off a layer. As I started back up a guy said "To Your Left." He was dressed in an all red motif with logos on matching a red bike with logos. Seconds later I said 'To Your Left'. As I blew past him on a generic looking bike he had no idea was electric.

Attachments

• BattNeye.JPG
    BattNeye.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 17
  • dust cover02.JPG
    dust cover02.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 19
  • dust cover03.JPG
    dust cover03.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 18