Could the Aventure be a Rad Rover killer?

Jimmy666

Attachments

• aventure-electric-bike-lifestyle-2.jpg
    aventure-electric-bike-lifestyle-2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 20
  • aventure-ebike-real-world-testing.jpg
    aventure-ebike-real-world-testing.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 21

Timpo

The pricing for this beast is crazy good for what you get. Hell even the accessories are cheaper. Thoughts on the new Aventure? How many of you are getting one? https://www.aventon.com/products/aventure-ebike
I'm not sure if that can be a Rad Rover killer.
What I consider "Rad Rover killer" existed a long time ago.

If you look around, there are many fat bikes with cleaner look (integrated or semi-integrated battery), more powerful motor, better brakes, better components, higher capacity battery and CHEAPER.

Yet Rad Power seems to have very strong core customer base. Maybe because of their reputation for customer service.

That new Aventon sure looks nice though!

Brockrock

Region
USA
Of course, I just bought the new version Aventon Level, and I have been having a lot of fun with it. I then saw that this bike was released. I'm still not sure what I would have purchased though, if both were available at the time. I ride less for commuting and more for regular (none boring) exercise, and I'm not a big fan of the 'fat' tires. I know the ride is maybe a bit more comfortable, but I have a suspension seat, and that worst case scenario of running the battery dry or having a system failure would not leave me working this bike back to where I began with no assistance - and I live in and around a lot of hills. There are some upgrades though. Integrated lights, better, more user friendly display, maybe a better motor. I'll ride the Level until it's ridden out, and then see what Aventon has to offer in a few years.

Gordon71

I just googled the Aventon Aventure step through and saw it is $300 more than the Rad Rover step through so not sure how it would be the death of the rover.

theemartymac

And don't write off the Rad until it has a chance to respond - "so to speak". It has dominated it's sector for many years with the current design, and is arguably due for a significant update. Like automobiles, model generations are seldom perfectly aligned by release year, and the new guy's reign may or may not last... ;-)

Gordon71

I realized there is a $200 dollar price difference rather than $300. I thought Rad had only raised it's price by $100. Guess I'm glad I bought mine last year for $1499. I watched the video's and it looks like a nice bike but saw nothing in particular that would make me buy one over the Rad. The only thing I saw on the Adventon that I thought was really stupid was where they put the brake light. You put a rack with panniers on it and it will cover that light so it can't be seen.

Raiderbrit

Region
USA
The pricing for this beast is crazy good for what you get. Hell even the accessories are cheaper. Thoughts on the new Aventure? How many of you are getting one? https://www.aventon.com/products/aventure-ebike
After reading the reviews for the Aventure I cancelled my Rad Rover order and ordered the Aventure today. Seems like a no-brainer. I would have likely spent another $500 adding a new controller and hydraulic brakes to the Rad Rover. The aventure has shipped already (<1 day) and will arrive Tuesday. Rad couldn't tell me when the Rover would arrive.

Brockrock

Region
USA
After reading the reviews for the Aventure I cancelled my Rad Rover order and ordered the Aventure today. Seems like a no-brainer. I would have likely spent another $500 adding a new controller and hydraulic brakes to the Rad Rover. The aventure has shipped already (<1 day) and will arrive Tuesday. Rad couldn't tell me when the Rover would arrive.
Congrats on the purchase. You’re about to have some fun.