cracked cranks are fun.

mschwett

Region
USA
I saw that there are some carbon wheels with lifetime warranties but, I must say when I here the word carbon frame the first thing that enter my mind is crack but I have never had a carbon frame.
i think most high end carbon wheels have lifetime warranties.

Lifetime Warranty​

If you're the original purchaser, your Roval wheels are warrantied for as long as you own them. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with our published guidelines.

on top of that … many have additional shorter warranties that even cover crashes, no matter who is at fault.

“**it Happens” No Fault Crash Replacement Policy​

If you damage your Roval product while riding within the first two years of ownership and it’s not covered under warranty, we’ll still replace or repair it for free†. We’re riders, so we know that **it happens. This policy applies to all Roval product purchased in the USA, whether it came stock on a bike or was purchased aftermarket. For additional terms, see below.

Seaway

Region
USA
I just upgraded my square taper cranks ony BBSHD. The stock ones had rounded out and would not stay tight. I definitely haven't ever cracked one though!
IMG_20210911_170514.jpg

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Brwinów (PL)
"My Tarmac road bike developed a crack at just under 2 years old".
Have you heard of any expensive aluminium bike to develop a crack at just under 2 years old?
"If you damage your Roval product while riding within the first two years of ownership"...
The guy mentioned "just under 2 years" because there was a good reason for that.

Do you people read warranties?
1631418652408.png

Last edited:

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Brwinów (PL)
I am aware you would perceive me as a person leading an anti-CF crusade but this recent post could be quite interesting...

My problem is that I cracked my front fork and Canyon doesn't have any in stock. And, of course, they use a weird tapered 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" fork size which NO ONE uses. Nice.
Source
The e-bike in question is a full-CF Canyon Grail:ON.

So, is CF stronger than aluminium?