Cracked real wheel on 2017 Haibike Xduro 4.0

Jens5

Looking for a replacement for a cracked rear wheel,(Alex rims MD-35), on my 2017 Haibike Xduro Trekking 4.0.
32 hole, 27.5 / 2.40 11 speed hub.
Does not have to be Haibike. Any recommendations doe a sub,$200 wheel would be greatly appreciated!

rich c

I don't think there is such a thing as a Haibike wheel. Inventories are extremely tight, you may have little choice. Both of my 2016 Haibikes have Ryde Taurus wheels.

Jens5

I don't think there is such a thing as a Haibike wheel. Inventories are extremely tight, you may have little choice. Both of my 2016 Haibikes have Ryde Taurus wheels.
You're correct. Haibike used to make their own wheels but not any more. Just looking for recommendations on the same spec,rear wheel.

JayVee

You might have to order overseas.
I assume you have QR 10x135mm + 6 bolt, so I have two suggestions:

Mavic Crossride FTS-X 27.5 Inches Rear Wheel - 6 Bolt - QR
Shimano WH-MT500 27.5"

Both those wheels can accommodate 2.4" tires and are on the cheaper side at under 100 euros. They have 24 spokes, but I personally wouldn't focus on that too much. It's already hard enough to find the proper wheel!

Beware that the Shimano wheel uses centre lock, so you will need to purchase an adaptor like this if you currently have 6 bolt:

But even if you purchase the Center Lock to 6 bolt adaptor, you will still need a special centre lock tool.

Another gotcha: Haibike sometimes calls their wheels QR5x135 in their documentation. This is actually the same thing as QR 10x135. The explanation:

5x135 mm refers to the 5mm clincher rod that goes inside the axle.
10x135mm refers to the 10mm axle that houses the clincher and fits into the QR frame dropouts.

It's hard work looking for a wheel, but hopefully this will have helped.

Manu

with 32 holes it is an MTB wheel, you cannot put a wheel less than 32 holes and the rim must be MTB; enduro / downhill, aluminum, carbon